Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

14 hours ago, MileHighEvertonian said:

Good stuff, IH. Especially, the twisting waistband and the puckering between the yoke and the pockets. I'm surprised the buttons have made such a distinct impression on the fly. 

Yep, and I went TTS on them.

Must be packing too much heat. :D

I wouldn't be surprised if you could get a bit more shrinkage out of them. My Okis were unwashed and took a number of hot washes to finish shrinking and my one wash 47s still shrank a bit over the first few hot washes. It's just my impression, but I don't think SC fries their one wash pairs as much as some others seem too. 

Edited by MileHighEvertonian

Hey Sufu, it's been a while ...

I'm looking to pick up a pair of '47s. Can I get away with sizing down one? Or should I go tts? I'm planning to wash fairly frequently, and I'm worried about the waist measurement. Self Edge's website recommends sizing up, but the legs would be way too big if I do that.

• 2 weeks later...

This has been my main black jean for a couple years now, as well. It's an excellent pair, especially at the price point. The hardware is sick, fit is great (SC always knows how to make even modern fits feel vintage), and they tend to fade similar to an unsanforized denim, which is a bit unusual for blacks. It's tied with 3s 220x for me. I'll post pics when I can get good ones.

8 hours ago, Double 0 Soul said:

If the button code is 98, the hidden rivets are stamped SC&CO-TY- and the rivet through the pocket bags say 'Sugar Cane' its an M41300 from 1998.

Are the back pockets lined?

Hey Double 0 Soul, yep back pockets are lined, and other details are all on the mark!