Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

Random, unexpected discovery of the day: it turns out 47s are damn good if you've got to bike with jeans on. I finally ditched my car and got a proper bicycle for my ~10 mile roundtrip commute through the city and the 47s, with their generous top block, don't press at all across the lap or front of the hips, and the high rear rise means no crack out back. What can't these jeans do?!

• 2 weeks later...

Do I need to run my one wash 1947 in the washing machine to get shrinkage out or are they good to go? They fit great right now. Would like to get them hemmed this week if my work schedule allows it.

Sorry to double post, but my flannel arrived. Definitely a fan! Super fast shipping as always. I am actually surprised how soft and heavy it is. Not a heavy weight flannel but definitely heavier than anything I currently own. Fit is pretty good, length and sleeve length are perfect. Shoulders are way too big but I knew that looking at measurements (but was secretly hoping they'd be smaller than advertised). But thankfully because of the color, it kind of hides the shoulders. Also another complaint is how high cut the side is. I guess I never noticed in the stock pictures but not really a big deal, just not used to it (although it does sit kind of weird since the hip is kind of tight but again not a huge deal). Overall, I'm really happy! Might pic a few more up but going to see how much (if at all) it shrinks in the wash.

35m2zbl.jpg

2wqeio0.jpg

15dt6v7.jpg

the 2009 denim always looks amazing faded..have they ever made this into a 1947 cut?

I am almost certain this is the same fabric as the 1947 cut.

But ya these are my friend's jeans and they look even better in person. She tried on a bunch of jeans and was wanting the 3sixteen women's jeans, but these fit the best and in my opinion are a much nicer fabric. It's funny because these look like she has washed them a bunch but she really has only washed them a couple times through out the less than two years she's owned them. She just wore them a lot...

I am almost certain this is the same fabric as the 1947 cut.

The 2009 uses a completely different (and newer) fabric than the 1947.  The 2009's denim is only 12oz in weight and has more of a crosshatch pattern within the weave.

They look really nice! What size does your friend wear?

The Sugar Canes are size 29. I just got a pair of Rogue Territories in size 28, which seems to be my size in most men's pants. Depends on the brand.

So while my Ooes are getting repaired, I bought a pair of Sugar Cane 1966s, specifically SC42966. It doesn't have the ugly star!

The fit:

Size: 30

XXyXjiw.jpgJXl55ym.jpg

This is the store I got them from:

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/bears/item/sugarcane-sc42966/?s-id=borderless_browsehist_en

They fit and feel great, but does anyone know much about this release? It seems to be a different denim than the '47 since it's .5oz lighter, and I'm guessing is more of an inspired cut than an actual 66 repro cut? Still glad I got them and highly recommend them! 

Edited by Coolguyzack