Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

Order placed for the Hinoya 50/50 Type III collab.

I went off of Self Edge's measurements for the 2014 as I wasn't sure what "wading hem width" and simply "width" referred to. I was able to match up most of the measurements between what Hinoya posted to SE's and I think these will  be a great fit.

I'll post up fit pics when they arrive.

yeah they are definitely slim, the waist is weirdly large however. I sized down to a 34 on these(normally do a 35 or 36) and I could probably have even gone down to a 33 as the waist is a touch loose. I wouldn't want them any smaller elsewhere however and I can just wear a belt to keep the waist from stretching any further. 

This is why I've tried, twice, to like the 2009 cut and sold them off. Hence, why I think they they were made for someone with a big belly and skinny legs.  :ph34r:

sounds like they're made for me then! they're tempting indeed, but I don't need another pair...

can anyone compare sugar cane 2009 to 2014?

seems like the taper is a bit slimmer for 2014? is it noticeable?

i'm kind of irritated, i called in to SE for a recommendation for slim fit with a higher rise. i was steered to 2009, did not know 2014 existed but now i am thinking it would have been a better choice.

So the Hinoya Specials have arrived and I'm pretty pleased with them. I finally got the sugar cane blend of denim in a slimmer fit...

I ordered a size 36, same as what I wear in the 2009 fit. Leg openings were still pretty large for being a "slim" fit, but overall they were what I was looking for.

Measurements as follows (no soak or wash yet):

Waist: 18.5" (this may have stretched a tiny bit, I had worn them a few hours before measuring)

Rise: 12"

Thigh: 12.75"

Knee: 9.5"

Leg Opening: 8.25"

SC41485HY_tag.jpg

SC41485HY_cuff.jpg

Elmcitizen,

Have you soaked or washed these? Interested to know how much they shrank.

Thanks in advance.

Did they have the 2014 in stock ? perhaps thats why they didn't mention it.

seems like they have plenty from the website. maybe they don't carry these in the NY store? still, would have liked to have discussed the option.

http://www.selfedge.com/?route=product/product&product_id=1285

Edited by tropics

Elmcitizen,

Have you soaked or washed these? Interested to know how much they shrank.

Thanks in advance.

No soak yet, I doubt they will shrink much. My 2009 did not change at all after a wash. I know the denim is different, but most of the "washed" SC jeans usually have all the shrink out.

Then again, not much experience with the 50/50 denim.

can anyone compare sugar cane 2009 to 2014?

seems like the taper is a bit slimmer for 2014? is it noticeable?

i'm kind of irritated, i called in to SE for a recommendation for slim fit with a higher rise. i was steered to 2009, did not know 2014 existed but now i am thinking it would have been a better choice.

I have both and honestly I'd say the rise is almost the same in each and the difference in leg opening is very minimal.

That said, I also had Rail Car taper my 2009 pair so they had a taper similar to my SG5109 jeans and it made all the world of difference (and was cheap to boot!).

I have both and honestly I'd say the rise is almost the same in each and the difference in leg opening is very minimal.

That said, I also had Rail Car taper my 2009 pair so they had a taper similar to my SG5109 jeans and it made all the world of difference (and was cheap to boot!).

good info, cheers. any fit pics of your 2009s?

I think the Hinoya collab are only available washed. I'm vacationing to Tokyo in 2 weeks and I'm likely going to buy these jeans. I want to get away from SC, but these look to good to pass up. 

While I'm here... my 2014s at 9 or so months. 

bCY1se0.jpg?1

And my '66s approaching 6 months. 

VkinO93.jpg?1

These are only starting to come alive, but with an upcoming trip to Tokyo and a move (back) to New Orleans these are going catch up to the 2014s very quickly.