Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

I think most jeans will give you 2" of stretch eventually (or stretch back to their raw measurement) but it may cause some damage. Were they previously at 36" and shrank after a wash or have you just bought them as one wash?

I think most jeans will give you 2" of stretch eventually (or stretch back to their raw measurement) but it may cause some damage. Were they previously at 36" and shrank after a wash or have you just bought them as one wash?

I bought them as a one wash new from Japan. My size 35 actually measure more in the waist and I got a 36 because I needed some more waist room, heh. 

Edited by ColdsnapBryan

The waist on my size 31 '47s has stretched out by 1.5" I think. They were snug but not uncomfortable on the waist at first but have loosened up from two months' wear. I'm not filling out the waist anymore, so if your actual waist size was pushing at the fabric, 2" of stretch would be a realistic outcome.

Hey guys. I recently got my hand on Sugar Cane's type II jacket, SC11953. I've been wondering what denim they've used for the jacket. So far I've only found out that it's not the 50/50 mix of sugarcane and cotton from browsing through the last two years of this thread.

Anyone sitting on the knowledge?

• 5 weeks later...

Track back a couple of pages and find the ones from History Preservation. They're incredible. Double 0 Soul's pair that he posted on Denimbro are also grail status.

You won't regret picking up a pair of '47s. The cut is timeless and the denim is perfect in my opinion. This is the first pair of jeans I've worn where I can honestly see myself buying another pair of the same in a few years as a direct replacement.

The ones from hp do look really really good.  Honestly, the reason I ask is because I don't particularly like double 0 soul's pair... something about the color just looks flat and strange to me.  I much prefer hp's and these pics I've come across...these are pretty accurate representations of what they'll eventually look like right?

IMG_0274.jpg

Kind of random, but what do you think about the pocket accessibility?  It's definitely not a deal breaker but it would be nice to have a pair of jeans that I can comfortably put my hands into.... although my 3009s are getting there.

I can say the same about my Hawaiis, Okinawas, and persimmon 47s. No other cut is as flattering, but also easy to move around in.

Sugar Cane has become my favorite brand over the past year; far and away the best value for the money, consistent quality and cuts, and it's easy to style it totally vintage, or in a more updated fashion mixed in with stuff like Engineered Garments and Beams, which is where I tend to lean.

Ben, the pockets are totally accessible. I keep my keys and loose change in the front pockets and never have any problems there.

The way you like to wash your denim, your Canes would likely come close to the picture you posted. The HP ones also had a few washes from what I can remember being posted (but perhaps every couple of months), whereas Double 0 Soul's went unwashed and only soaked for a long, long time. The denim does not give up its indigo very easily in my experience but the jeans are rock solid and it feels like you could get years of wear out of them.

Just thought i would pop my head around the door...
The flat colour is due to the photo,s not the denim. If you look they was posted on 30th January.

In the North of England throughout Jan and Feb there is very little ambient light around (It aint Cali) im sure Sugar Mountain my fellow countryman can corroborate?
The options for taking a photo that is in focus are...
Use flash? because your at close range the flash bounces back burns out the contrast and reflects off the buttons.
Widen the aperture? This results in a small field of focus.
Or my chosen method for low light is use a tripod with a long exposure, The photos are still somewhat dark but can be over exposed later. The colour can suffer but its the best option imo. Im sure i will post some more when the sky is blue,

The question you should ask yourself Ben "are my tastes actually refined enough for SC47,s" if you have doubts then save your money.

Ah, got it. I forget that sometimes it's a bitch to get good natural light in other places...

And to be honest, whether or not my tastes are "refined enough" to get a pair of jeans has never really been too high on my priority list. Much more important is how it fits, the denim, and the price. The 47s seem to hit all those bases for me so I'm sure at some point I'll get them. Appreciate the insight on the jeans though.

^ Self Edge has good descriptions of the 1947, the Okinawa and the Hawaii. 

Continuing my gushing... I had to wear chinos for work yesterday and came back to my apartment late. Was such a pleasure getting to wear my '47s for a few hours before bed at least. The chinos were Cat's Paw by Toyo Enterprises btw, so I managed to sneak something Sugarcane-related into the work place too!