Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

Having a quality denim store in town like Take5 is both a blessing and a curse. I dropped by before Christmas and the shop was having a sale, with additional discount on top of the already generous deduction for members. I'd been struggling with the fit of my Warehouse 1001XX so tried on a pair of Sugar Cane 1947 and was really surprised with how much I liked the fit. I guess I'd assumed they would be wider-cut than the 1001XX but true to size they ended up feeling relatively fitted for a repro cut. They are now my daily jean until spring when I get back into my Fullcount so here are some rough and ready fit pics:

Frontfit_zps79979dbe.jpg

Backfit_zps210501bb.jpg

Sidefit_zpse14d63f0.jpg

At a cost of HKD1079, they are the cheapest jeans I've worn since my old pair of Nudies but the quality is superb. Even my wife complimented me on the denim, which is something else! I love how simple they are - just the pure essence of what constitutes a classic pair of jeans with no bells or whistles. Brilliance.

The fit looks a lot like the 2009.

echoing Max Power...

Sugar Cane SC40400 Hawaii
Made from 50% Sugar Cane / 50% Cotton. Hank dyed with 100% Natural Indigo from Hawaii

Nice tote bag
11874960165_590d06c866_z.jpg

That's inside
11875809956_1dcc526612_z.jpg

Leather patch
11875244773_92553b9c39_z.jpg

Broken arcs
11875243383_c64afa79f4_z.jpg

Green tab
11875242073_5ec8418f16_z.jpg

Hand felled seams, single needle construction (hence no chainstitch)
11875397714_832ea90db9_z.jpg

11875234983_7fccd0a248_z.jpg

Very nice pickup b_F. That denim looks delicious.

Goominim - no, my pair are the regular 1947 but my thighs are kinda large compared to my waist size (sports legs) so I fill out the cut a little bit more by going TTS on the waist.

I'm surprised. It looks perfect on you. Usually they look rather frumpy. Did you wear them raw in the photo or was it soaked/washed?

Gents- I'm selling a pair of SC47's that have been slightly tapered. size 30. Bought them from a guy on here but they're just too snug for me.

Barely worn by the previous owner (no whiskers or combs set in) and not worn at all by me.- apart from a quick try on and a 'D'oh'.

Anyone interested before I put them on the supermarket/Ebay?

They are 2" bigger than tagged and supposed to be a vintage straight cut. But supply made me size down on these more than I usually would. So they fit tighter than intended by the designer but I as I knew I can make them work, I had to get them

did u SD1?  

denim will get soft & pliant ... it'll stretch out

besides,  it's a V-cut yoke, so if waist is good,  trunk space should be ample

Edited by BrownMetallic

We just got a full size run of the 1947 and 2009 in raw in addition to our usual stock of the one wash model at Self Edge PDX.  Not sure if we're going to make a regular thing of this, or if it'll be a one time deal, but it's definitely nice to have some raw Sugarcane on hand…I love the 1947 denim that much more in it's raw state.  Even though I'm only 2.5 months into my current pair of 1947s, I grabbed a raw pair to have on hand for a rainy day.