Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

Bit of a long shot, but I've got some tab-less 47's on their way to me and I'd really like to add a tab.

Does anyone have a contact at sugarcane I could drop line to, to see If they'd be willing to send me one?

You tell me this now? My dream of one day owning the largest collection of nylon scraps now seems trivial.

Emotionally raped.

• 3 weeks later...

FYI, we've just dropped the prices of the Hawaii, Okinawa, 1947, and 2009 due to buying direct from Toyo and also the drop in the Yen.  I think with our current 12% off sale and free shipping you're paying pretty close to Japan retail which is first for SC's jeans being sold outside of Asia.  

^  i also buy direct from japan too since i live in asia.  but i also see great value buying from outside japan (from Faith in taiwan for my specific case). 

i'm not gonna knock what SE and BIG do b/c they provide distribution to an english language market.  what selfedge (and BIG on a smaller scale) offers is excellent English language service from knowledgeable staff, a number of US based locations, and the ability to return items that don't fit.  they also have to eat import duties and deal with fluctuating exchange rates so their cost basis is already higher than Japan.  they offer value-added services so if price isn't your only concern, you might be better off going with them.  i think an upcharge from JP retail prices is reasonable for what they do.  but for those of us who know exactly what we want, what size we want, and can quickly navigate rakuten, we might not go with SE or BIG b/c the value isn't there for us.

different strokes for different folks.

Please dont misinterpret my post i am not knocking SE. I understand how the retail market works I just dont consider SE price "pretty close to jp retail"

Kiya claimed "he was going to change the price discrepancy in the near future" 

SC47,s Self Edge=$249 +free ship

SC47,s JP retail= $139 +$30 ship

The discrepancy is $80

I am just pointing this out in the interest of accuracy.