Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

About what I always wondered: why is Sugarcane comparatively less expensive to the other Japanese brands? They use all the quirky little details that make jeans more expensive (unique denim, hidden rivets, different leather patches, selvage details, great quality) but still most of their jeans retail a good amount lower than the other brands.

Is it all just because they have such a large parent corporation behind them?

All that said, some guys want to share measurements of a SugarCane Hawaii in size 34? ;)

Hey, took some measurements of my hawaiis 34, they have been washed in 60 degrees.

Waist: 85 cm

Inseam 83,5 cm

Front rise: 30 cm

Back rise: 41 cm

Upper thigh: 32,5 cm

Knee 24,5 cm

Hem: 22,5 cm

Edited by rustygoose

& i have the IH634s in 34 too, cut doesn't feel the same as Hawaii.

SC has higher rise, smaller waist & slightly looser legs.. more fabric in ass-area too.

Edited by rustygoose

i'm also debating buying a pair of sugar cane on rakuten..torn between the 2009, 1947, okinawa, and hawaii...i'm leaning toward the 2009 b/c of the fit and i like the fuzziness of the denim..though it doesn't fade very nicely and isn't as "interesting" as the other models...thoughts?

Very excited to get my hands on this amazing relic!

The fabric is unreal....... :)

Nice man, I'm officially jealous.

Thus far my search for size 28 No-wash Hawii's has been fruitless.
Two attempts to contact Naoki have been met with silence and contacting Rakuten sellers results in confusing emails. Which admittedly is my fault for hoping they can understand some English and then relying on Google translate to not mess up the translated version.....

tnx Xchen!  

yeah, they are distinct.  the thing is i can't really pull off wearing them on a daily basis [ie, unlike indigos ;)] .... but just like owning other non-indigos,  switching it up resets the  "denim palate",  so it won't get jaded .

I love when the bursts of Sugar Cane posts keep it toward the top for short periods.  For the price to quality ratio, I'd love to see a bunch of these more active, younger folks really beat up some Canes instead of N&F and whatnot.  The dudes that are still chasing ladies 'til sunrise could really do some damage.  Me sitting on the couch with the wife really only turns the cushions blue.

I guess its weight was of no significance to me, as I really dont recall feeling it was too thin or thick.  I guess it just felt normal,, lol.  sorry i cant dial it in a bit more for you in terms of feel.  I can say that I slept on the Star of Hollywood line for too long.  Their designs are amazing.  The first day I wore the brown atomic polo to work, I had 3 people in my department comment on it, one even noticed the vintage style buttons.  These people are not denim/clothing enthusiast, unless bright colored high heels are involved.