Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

Yeah he is a nice guy..item shipped out the same day i make payment. fully recommend if some one try to get rare jeans from pant shop avenue.

one of his special jeans is DEnime pink selvedge with cinch back.

Edited by spidereye

• 2 weeks later...

kiya, not sure if you're able to talk about it, but is there a timeline we can aim for on the SC news (pricing, etc.)?

Yup, in a few weeks or so.  Just got back from Japan and everything is finalized, just need to process everything.

My okinawa's came in the mail today! So excited. It's pouring rain in Calgary for the next few days so fit pics will have to wait. I went tts and although they are baggier than what I'm used to, I love the fit!

How much did they run all told? What seller did you get them from on Rakuten?

Do the '66 (SC41966) still tend to suffer from saggy arse ? Can't seem to get a conclusive answer.

Plus... safe to go true on them or definitely size down one on measured waist?

Cheers fella's.

Hoggy I've gone TTS and they shrank well below tag size, tried them sized up one and they were just a tad, unflatteringly, loose.

I'd take a size 34 in those too.

I remember they have a rather high back rise thus the baggier seat (or you wear them very high).

Well several hot washes will get you at the end of shrinkage sometimes in the future. Search for Dr.House's '66 threasd thread where he compared Sugarcane, Denime and LVC

I got a pair of size 38 '66s when BiG was clearing them out. Couldn't go any smaller in the waist (they shrink hard), but every where else was too big. I'm a little bit lighter than I was then, but I'd never attempt going to a 36 from what I'm seeing for the measurements on the one wash version. But, I had a pair of 38 '47s, and when I get another pair I'll definitely get a 36. Problem with the seat/rear rise on the SC66 is the yoke drops down too much, and make it duck tail out. It doesn't get much love here (sufu), but the LVC '66 is a very nice jean Hoggy.

yea i got the 66 in a 34 too. my true waist maybe like a 33, the waist is high n tight with room in the seat. It's a very comfortable fit but i have thicker legs than the avg sufu person. you should go for the 34, it's def a favorite cut of mine

Hoggreaser -- In my opinion, both the LVC and SC 1966 cuts are problematic, though for different reasons. I prefer the Ooe 02s. If you haven't already, take a look at the Ooe contest thread; there's lots of good stuff happening. The model 02s offer--and again, this is just my opinion--the perfect mid-to-late 1960s fit. But, notwithstanding their problems, I do like the SC 66s. 

Edited by josh mullen

^hog, sorry to hear about the Ooe's...Unfortunately their level of customization and options might've become a crutch since they've exploded in popularity over the past few years. As an owner of both the SC's and the 02 ooe cut, I have to say I prefer the Ooe's fit and qualities better but you can't go wrong with the SC's either. They're built and feel just how you'd expect jeans to be; no frills, tough and have great fading qualities (I think I posted mine a few pages back). As far as fit, they're tight in the waist and loose everywhere else as mentioned above. They kept shrinking time and time again after multiple washes so beware the waist size if you've got a gut like mine! Can't remember, have you looked at TCB? They'd be my goto pair if I had the time/money!

Ooe stops dealing with a customer if the customer seems too nit-picky.  They've been like this since the beginning.  What the produce is amazing though, they're kinda like the Roy of Japan in that for them its almost more about the machines that make the jeans.

So Kiya, when this new partnership begins, what model jeans do you plan to stock?

It goes into effect in a few weeks, not sure what models we'd be bringing in just yet.  They don't really produce many different models which aren't seasonal that we don't already stock.