Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

Received my 47 Canes yesterday. Wearing them right now, they still are a bit tight in the waist, but it will stretch out.

I only expected them to be a bit more baggy, but the overall fit is still really nice.

A good first denim and with a 1947 lvc coming this way, I'm good for now.

Hope you enjoy them Klaas. Just starting wearing my 47's last week and i'm already getting some wallet fade!

Its completely pissing down outside so I don't know how i'm gonna get home without bleeding all over my sneakers :(

Been talked about before but let us know how they compare to the LVC's.

What are the differences between the 40300N and the 40400N, in regards to fit and construction?

Stating what they are a reproduction of, unfortunately, does not explain how they fit to someone who doesn't know what the original style was. ;)

(Note, I'm asking to simplify things.. though I can honestly say I don't know how the 101B fit and I just ordered some 40300Ns :P.)

Ok, the two Hawaii models are the sc40400 and the sc40401, the Okinawa's are sc40300 and sc40301.

They are dyed with indigo sourced from Hawaii and Okinawa respectively with the '00 numbers 100% natural and the '01 numbers as mix of natural and synthetic (I may be wrong on that, I read it somewhere. Here probably). Therefore there is most likely some colour difference - 'fraid i've never seen them side-by-side.

As ddml says the Okinawa's fit is based on the Lee '45 101b and the Hawaii the Levi '47. So i', guessing also that the Okinawa is has a left-hand twill. The '00 numbered editions also come with a special printed scarf and bag.

I've got the sc40400 and they are stunning - i'm almost too scared to wear them.

Also check sugarcanejeans.co.uk for some more pics although not a lot of info.

well, the sc40400n has a bound fly-placket; the sc40300n does not.

i am gonna venture that the 40300 is a slimmer fit throughout, as that is true of the 45 lee vs 47 Levis, yeah?

the 40300s are LHT vs. the RHT of 40400s.

40300s are bartacked; 40400s feature hidden rivets

the 40300s have donut hole fly buttons; 40400s are not

40300s have a crotch rivet; 40400s don't

i don't think the 40300s have a felled inseam, but 40400s do

the indigo and sugarcane for the 40300s are from okinawa; the 40400s indigo/cane is from hawaii...

and on and on

Aloha all!

I've been reading this SC thread and have been scanning for a "review" of the SC x Begin jeans. I must not know how to use the search function but I swear I did try!

Does anyone here own these jeans? How do they feel? I really like the colour (I'm colourblind so my GF may have an entirely different opinion on this) and concept of these and would like to pick up a pair but I've never owned any "premium" or selvedge denims before.

Any thoughts or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Mahalo!

Aloha all!

I've been reading this SC thread and have been scanning for a "review" of the SC x Begin jeans. I must not know how to use the search function but I swear I did try!

Does anyone here own these jeans? How do they feel? I really like the colour (I'm colourblind so my GF may have an entirely different opinion on this) and concept of these and would like to pick up a pair but I've never owned any "premium" or selvedge denims before.

Any thoughts or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Mahalo!

When did those come out? They look pretty nice. I like thye color too, I wish I got them. They'll probably be a little stiff but soft because of the left hand twill. If I were you I would definetely get them.

When did those come out? They look pretty nice. I like thye color too, I wish I got them. They'll probably be a little stiff but soft because of the left hand twill. If I were you I would definetely get them.

My best guess is it came out in late October or early November of 2006. I heard from Selfedge SF that they were a limited release and already out of production. =(