Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

Can anyone tell me the size of the inseam in centimeters of the 47 one wash (34 inch)?

Will there be shrinkage after a soak? Reason for askin' is that my 47 will have a inseam of about 83 cm and I normally wear 80 cm, so I'm thinkin' of letting them hemmed.

O MY FUCKING GOD AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

ur one lucky man kert....

Buy one get one half off isn't really much better than the 20% off that styleforum gets, when you consider that, if buying two equal priced pairs, you're just getting 25% off each (and even less if they aren't equal priced). And mail order you don't pay tax :P

Can anyone tell me the size of the inseam in centimeters of the 47 one wash (34 inch)?

Will there be shrinkage after a soak? Reason for askin' is that my 47 will have a inseam of about 83 cm and I normally wear 80 cm, so I'm thinkin' of letting them hemmed.

mine are 85cm. i haven't washed or soaked them yet. don't plan on anytime soon.

Buy one get one half off isn't really much better than the 20% off that styleforum gets, when you consider that, if buying two equal priced pairs, you're just getting 25% off each (and even less if they aren't equal priced). And mail order you don't pay tax :P

what do you mean? i saved 6 bucks! i knew it wasn't a great deal. i just wanted two pair of canes. gonna wear one into the ground and save the other one .

what do you mean? i saved 6 bucks! i knew it wasn't a great deal. i just wanted two pair of canes. gonna wear one into the ground and save the other one .

I had a plan like that will Iron Hearts, but I didn't realize how low the rise was before I bought them. I didn't like the perpetual plumbers butt feeling so it failed miserably.

I had a plan like that will Iron Hearts, but I didn't realize how low the rise was before I bought them. I didn't like the perpetual plumbers butt feeling so it failed miserably.

that sucks.

yeah, don't think i would have bought both pr of canes without trying them on first. the denim is so nice.

Yeah, I'm not saying you didn't. Just telling the people that got excited that a similar deal is available to them as well :P

So I'm thinking about finally getting some canes and was looking at Sel edge and their Sugarcane 1955 Raw with the deadstock zippers? I'm wanting a more slimmer cut and fit. Any suggestions to a slimmer cut? I've always rocked sammy's in the past... & what are your opinions of the 1955's? Thanks....

As far as repro cuts go, the 1966 repros are probably the slimmest ones you'll find from Sugarcane...

As far as repro cuts go, the 1966 repros are probably the slimmest ones you'll find from Sugarcane...

I just got a pair of the SC41996Ns in the mail yesterday. The 31s measured out 30in before the soak. I soaked them in warm water and stuff some metal pipes in the waist so it wouldn't shrink. I'm going to boil some water and put them in again to shrink the length up some more.

My sweetheart of a wife gave me a pair of 45 Lee repros for our christmas last night. They're from mil-mil.net, where they're under $150. I got the no-wash version, so I gave them an hour hot soak after these pictures, then wore them damp to stretch them back out. I'm a 31 in Nudies, 33 in Imperial, and 30 in Levi's, so I ordered these in a 31. The hips, thighs, and calves fit just like I was hoping (which is a little more relaxed than everything else I wear), but the waistband is still pretty restrictive. I'm hoping it'll stretch over the next couple days - even a half-inch would make them easier to wear.

I put them on my dresser last night, and goddamn Fran, are they stiff this morning. The knees were bent from where I laid them last night, and it was like stuffing my legs into bent cardboard tubes. I suffer for fashion.

Sugarcane_sc1945_0060ea.jpg

Sugarcane_sc1945_011243.jpg

Sugarcane_sc1945_002dac.jpg

I'm looking to soak my Sugar cane SC41945A (A lee repro) and was curious as to how you suggest I do so, in terms of length of soak, inside out/normal etc, or even sit in the bathtub wearing them?

**edit** coincidently, they're the ones in the above post :)

I just got a pair of the SC41996Ns in the mail yesterday. The 31s measured out 30in before the soak. I soaked them in warm water and stuff some metal pipes in the waist so it wouldn't shrink. I'm going to boil some water and put them in again to shrink the length up some more.

Hey, how do they fit you post soak? Do you have any fit pictures? :D

Just got a pair of okinawas. They are the roughest slubbiest denim i've seen yet. A\lso they are left hand twill i think??? will post pics sometime soon. The lenght on them says 34 but i guess because i'm wearing them high they seem alittle short. Anyone know a good way to strecth out the leg length a little?

I'm a size 29/36, but I can't find any Sugar Canes in that size.... 30/36 will do as well, but it seems that you have to get a size 38 before the lenght is 36. Can this be right? Is it that way with all the repro companies?

That seems to just be the way it is with Sugarcane. I'm the same size and have had good luck with Samurai and Flat Head. Skull also makes some of their jeans with a 36 length, and just did a special run of their 5010xx upon the board's request.