Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

Haha. I wanted to buy a pair of Okinawas off a proxy, and instead picked up a pair of 2009s. These are a little...tighter than I was anticipating. Still want a pair of Okis, but I think I found my new bar / going out jeans.

<3 Sugarcane. Gonna put up a pair of my 3+ year old Okinawas. These fuckers are pretty destroyed.

Since photos are broken on sufu5 (the future?)

http://imgur.com/a/dGget

Patches were home-made and then they just got out of control. Too many washes to count : grease, dirt , car oil, etc. - been all over the world - hard-worn.

Amazing to see how well they held up! That Oki denim is some rough, tough stuff. I've been wearing my 1947's for a few weeks now, and put on my Okis the other day. I had forgotten just how coarse that stuff is. Awesome!

Okinawa Rainbows -- Have to sell them, need wedding money. Wanted to post these here for posterity's sake.

6866553443_bf4ba40741.jpg

Untreated python patch for maximum wabi-sabi. Note the python reticulation matches the chain link fence in the background.

6866550411_42c49c0a57.jpg

6866527219_ed9aa36dd8.jpg

6866534047_3f95a562f9.jpg

6866538223_4ac4d1788d.jpg

You can just start to see the rainbow coming through in the places with the most wear.

6866543971_203fa9ea59.jpg

One of the coolest parts about this jean, other than the denim itself, is the pocket bag fabric. One side is a koi pattern printed in blue, the other side is a dot pattern printed in red--One one piece of (selvedge) cotton fabric.

These jeans are a denim nerd's wet dream. Beautiful Okinawa green-line denim, 1930 buckleback workwear cut with two back pockets. And, of course, boro style hand stitching done with green sugar cane thread. I honestly expected these threads to bust after only a few weeks -- I was wrong.

Maybe 4 months of effective wear. ~3 soaks. Just barely getting started.

no one has a pair of faded rainbow weft? i've never seen a pair and i'm itching to.

Not sure how strict the titular denim is for this thread, but I've been picking up a lot of Sugar Cane shirts over the summer, especially the embroidered and less garish Hawaiian print button-downs from the Sun Surf line.

20120213090304.jpg

20120213090336.jpg

Also grabbed some Sugar Cane Light shirts with a similar print style on fluroescent-flecked fabric.

photo4ro.jpg

photo3gl.jpg

a good way of keeping old stock in your shelves is to ask for high prices

http://www.togged.co...1_menswear.html

that shop also achieves to let every single pair of distressed Sugarcane jeans look like some true religion or other ugly brands (or they are really that ugly)

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK