Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up a pair of 1966 in size 32. Soaked them last night to get the last of the shrinkage. When dry they still had a little starch so that helped to get clean cuffs and to set in the denim. Love the pink selvedge and all of the re pro details. Not exactly a slim cut because of the slight fuller thigh but they are quite comfy.I don't know how often I will wear them but glad to have them part of my collection.

picsay-1313877372.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

just copped a pair of 1947's which are up in the sale thread but im wavering between flipping them and trying to break them in.

do the legs shrink in at all with a soak/hot wash? i have a brand new pair in the unwashed 1947 and im worried they wont stretch out enough in the crotch/hips area cause thats where its stupid tight. but im thinking of tapering the legs from the knee down, they are chain stitched correct?

i probably should've sized a 29 but the price on this brand new 28 (my true waist) was too good to pass. in comparison im wearing a 29 sam s710 currently..

so totally unsure whether to keep or not.. :/

ME:

random Oakland shirt,

Sugar Cane Okinawa, Sz 30

My nephews (ages 13 and 16): They wear << $50 jeans (Levis 511) and Tees.

6109124859_07a6dca3d5_z.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm considering buying another pair of Rainbow Okis because I like the ones I have and PSA seems to be the only one stocking them. I went on their website and this is the translation of the second sentence in the Rainbow description "the sweet smell of sugar cane is so fucked up sheets to the wind just came". WONDERFUL! :)

Two awesome Rakuten deals I snagged recently

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/ragtag/item/r2160018910666//

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/ragtag/item/r2160018910918/

Taking a little while to get them from proxy, but definitely looking forward to their arrival. And, of course, more pics when they arrive.

Hide-san and SharpService were great as always -- package got to me this morning, just four days after I paid him for the second time. And, once again, Rakuten's used clothing shops have impressed me with the excellent condition of the jeans I've bought -- both pairs aren't quite as-new, but there's zero sign of fading or creasing.

As for fit, well... if the two jeans had a baby together, that pair of jeans might fit perfectly :)

The cinchback pair is great for the waist and upper block, pretty nice for my larger-than-average thighs... but huuuuuge below the knee. I read the listing beforehand and noted the 24cm hem, but didn't quite registed just how huge that was. I'm usually a slim-straight kind of guy, so it'll be a challenge to wear these and not look bizarre :)

The Leepro has the opposite problem -- pretty great up to the crotch, then a little bit too close for comfort on the top two buttons. With a little bit of stretch in the denim + my weight loss, though, will be a great pair. Super soft touch, very bright blue color... and I love the exaggerated (rather than lazy) "S" pockets.

TL;DR - nice jeans, awesome price, slightly wonky fit but will work it out.

(also, if the number means anything to you, the cinchbacks are tagged "521-M41072")