Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

OK, thanks dr! My 47's still have some of that initial stiffness, which i kind of like. But it made me wonder if it meant they had some more shrinkage left in them. I think i will wear them until they soften up a bit, then give them a wash... You do machine washes or hand washes with your jeans?

Machine washes with slow cycles and gentle programs, I'm too lazy for classical soaks ;-)

You can also do machine washes without spin cycling: roll 'em up in a big towel after the wash and squeeze the water out, that's what I do with brandnew jeans for soakings (of course WITHOUT detergent). The spin cycling can cause unwanted crinkles on the raw (and stiff) fabric .

Stiffness: some fabrics are smooth before soak and turn out stiff after soak (Sugar Cane 66, LVC 66 e.g.).

^^^'been wonderin where the xBegins went__ great job there, Scoki.

my SC 40400N are back on queue for the spring/summer rotation... & most likely even waaay beyond :)

Model '47 fits :

Sugar Cane 40400N :: 14.5 50/50 cotton/cane millet fibers :: natural Hawaiian indigo dyed :: single needle + felled seams all-around__ no serging anywhere 'cept for the 4" pocket side seams :: sized -1 @W32

SC40400Nfit-1.jpg

worn for a month x initial 2 hoatsoaks x 1 cold wash :: current measurements : w= 33, ins= 33, f/r= 11.5, b/r= 15, u/t= 12.5, kn= 9.5, l/o= 9

^taken about a year ago, then cold washed & folded for future break in.

sc40400FB.jpg

SChawaii-1.jpg

sc40400cp.jpg

sc40400fly.jpg

sc40400rvt.jpg

sc40400poc.jpg

sc40400seam.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Wow, those are completely washed out. Now I know what I'm in for when I start wearing my Rainbow Oki

Ha, depends on your screen - they are more colorful than the pic shows. you're gonna love em once you start wearing em. Ihate to keep posting pics of them but I'll post another in a few weeks which will give a better idea of the color.

Wow, those are completely washed out. Now I know what I'm in for when I start wearing my Rainbow Oki

Pi$tol - You'll find that the color in the Rainbow Okis is subtle, nothing like the Begin. When I try to take a full shot, the color fades yet when I take a close-up, the color is very noticeable. I'm surprised they don't get more love; one of my favorite pair of jeans!