Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

i orderd mt first pair of sugar canes (47 unwashed) from history preservation on monday and just recentley found out that they are not going to have the arcs on the back pockets! big time downer!! does anybody know if the ones that 2000db gets has them? (the arcs) and if not ,can anyone tell me where i can buy them? thanks..

in case anyone is interested there was a little write up on Sugar Cane in the New York Times sunday paper in the 'sunday styles' section.

it talks briefly about the history of Sugar Cane and adds a little background about Japanese denim. it also lists BIG as the place to get 'em...

the title of the article?

"One Part Sugar, One Part Spice"

also, as I posted before, Klaxon Howl here in Toronto has raw and one wash SC's WITH the back pocket stitching. dont know if they ship though..

Can anyone confirm that the SC47s from mil-mil do not have the arcs anymore? Would I be right to assume that the giant blank-pocket picture and red text on this page is warning me of exactly that? http://www.mil-mil.net/jeans/toyo/sc41947/sc41947.html

Are the SC45 Lee repros selvage? Left-hand twill?

yep... blue-green selvage line, left hand twill, half lined back pockets. the denim has a bit of a greenish cast as it fades, and almost velvety hand as it is worn in. much different feel than a RHT denim.

i orderd mt first pair of sugar canes (47 unwashed) from history preservation on monday and just recentley found out that they are not going to have the arcs on the back pockets! big time downer!! does anybody know if the ones that 2000db gets has them? (the arcs) and if not ,can anyone tell me where i can buy them? thanks..

I'm getting a pair of 55's from 2000db which still have the arcuates. Send him a pm, I'm sure there's still tons of old stock in Japan. And why would you buy from History Preservation? Their prices are absolutely ridiculous!!! I'm saving about $135 by purchasing through 2000db.

Not sure the RRDS are vanity sized, it;s probably more about the fact they're supposed to be worn a little lower on the waist whereas the SC's are a higher rise. The concensus is measure your waist all around where you intend to wear your jeans in a relaxed way (not too tight not too loose) then either go with that size or size down one to accomodate for stretching.

i have those exact ones, breaking in is...strange...no major wear, but then again, i rarely wear these, but any other questions in terms of fit/etc, ask away.

I'm actually talking to Mario right now and trying to decided on those exact two. 1947 unwashed is better choice though. I'll probably get those slim grey Tsubi's to fill in that greyish denim void )))

I'm getting a pair of 55's from 2000db which still have the arcuates. Send him a pm, I'm sure there's still tons of old stock in Japan. And why would you buy from History Preservation? Their prices are absolutely ridiculous!!! I'm saving about $135 by purchasing through 2000db.
i know oldboy, your right, but he left a message saying that he was kind of sizzled with the internet so i didnt want to melt him anymore. i was looking to buy a sweater of history preservation anyway and couldnt wait to get a pair, so just thought fuck it!! so you reckon he should be able to get them then yeah!! thats good to hear, il send him a message 2 night, im for amsterdam tomorrow morning :D YEEE HAAAAA and wont be back untill thursday so he`s bound to have got in touch by then (hopefully) thanks oldboy...

Has anyone purchased from this site ? -- http://mil-mil.net/top.html --- how do you translate the page. Do you, or can you send me an English translation on how to order from the site. Is there some kind of invoice or template you can create that I can place my order and e-mail the order.

Who knows one might have write a real code to translate Japanese denim sites into real English and not the crappy google stuff.

carl, viv is asking the right question. the natural indigo versions will be tougher to fade, but it will be more rewarding and complex, IMO. the synthetic indigo is more contrasty. if you are looking for fade-monsters, you should look at some of the tighter-cut canes, like the 45 lee repro that CMF's got.