Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

just received some 47s from rnrswitch and they look great. only thing is that it's quite tight on the waist. it's the unwashed version, so should i soak it while i'm wearing it to prevent overshrinkage and not being able to fit, or just wear out? the higes and whiskers will be in a different place i would assume after washing. thanks for your help!

Abstract, maybe wear them a long time as is no wash or soak, then when it comes to washing them just do a cold wash (minimal shrinkage). Paul T did this with his LVC and they turned out great. When I washed my Canes in cold water I got like a max of .5 inches of shrinkage and they stretched out soon after.

just received some 47s from rnrswitch and they look great. only thing is that it's quite tight on the waist. it's the unwashed version, so should i soak it while i'm wearing it to prevent overshrinkage and not being able to fit, or just wear out? the higes and whiskers will be in a different place i would assume after washing. thanks for your help!

Abstract, maybe wear them a long time as is no wash or soak, then when it comes to washing them just do a cold wash (minimal shrinkage). Paul T did this with his LVC and they turned out great. When I washed my Canes in cold water I got like a max of .5 inches of shrinkage and they stretched out soon after.

Anyone has any experience with the 1947 and SC40401A model. Is the sz chart at Hinoya really accurate? The reason I am asking is that I had a sz 32.5" (82 cm) waist and going by the sz chart at Hinoya (32" is 82cm) and postings at the forum I decided to get a true to sz 32 for the SC40301A Edo Ai Indigo mixed Indigo. But It turns out to be too small at the waist (though I am able to button up, but it fells real tight), I had to sell it off brand new with tags in the end.

Now I am comteplating placing my order for a 1947 and SC40401A (Okinawa mixed indigo) in one wash at one sz up in sz 33" but the sz chart indicated that 33" is also 82cm same as the Edo Ai sz 32 that I had bought previously. If I sz up to 34", I am afraid that it will turn up baggy especially at the seat already as it's already really loose. Could these jeans stretch to my waist sz? The Edo Ai that I had previously does not feel like it will stretch much compared to my Nudie RR. Any advice? Thanks

Anyone has any experience with the 1947 and SC40401A model. Is the sz chart at Hinoya really accurate? The reason I am asking is that I had a sz 32.5" (82 cm) waist and going by the sz chart at Hinoya (32" is 82cm) and postings at the forum I decided to get a true to sz 32 for the SC40301A Edo Ai Indigo mixed Indigo. But It turns out to be too small at the waist (though I am able to button up, but it fells real tight), I had to sell it off brand new with tags in the end.

Now I am comteplating placing my order for a 1947 and SC40401A (Okinawa mixed indigo) in one wash at one sz up in sz 33" but the sz chart indicated that 33" is also 82cm same as the Edo Ai sz 32 that I had bought previously. If I sz up to 34", I am afraid that it will turn up baggy especially at the seat already as it's already really loose. Could these jeans stretch to my waist sz? The Edo Ai that I had previously does not feel like it will stretch much compared to my Nudie RR. Any advice? Thanks

i got some one wash 47 from Hinoya about a month ago. i got them true to size and when i tried them on, i could barelly close the button. i took them anyway expecting some stretching. now, a month after, i need a belt to wear them cause they stretch a lot. i really wasn't expecting that much stretching, but judging from other ppl, 47 tend to stretch a lot so i i was you, i'd go for the 32. 47 are kind of baggy (at least a very full cut) so taking a bigger size is risky IMO

Hi,

thanks for your advice. I had sort of decided on sz 33 for both 47 and sc40301 Okinawa, until I read your post and also Watchman's post. I guess I will now go for 32 for the 47 and 33 for the Okinawa. My assumption is that basically the Sugar cane jeans falls into two line (Replicas and Sugarcane Millet), the Replicas (like the 47) should stretch alot while the ones made of the Sugarcane Millet (like the okinawa, Edo Ai and Hawaii etc) should have little stretching.

From what i've read in this thread and throughout discussion of the cane 47's, people have said that it takes a while for the color to start falling, but once it does it falls very quickly. How much wear is going into them before this profusion of color falling happens for you guys?

It depends on how much wear and tear you put your jeans through.

I think the fading will be quite quick. I've worn my canes for around 4 days in time, and I'm already noticing whiskers. Then again, that could be because I fall under the bracket in this thread:

http://superfuture.com/city/supertalk/showthread.php?t=14184

i love SCs take on the lee lazy s... especially one it starts falling apart. the pocket lining makes a nice fade too.

2kd6.jpg

addition: seems strange to me that SC, who is known for accuracy, would make these jeans out of unsanforized denim. just saw a pic of vintage 40s lees, and they dont have the leg twist that these have.

2rn1.jpg