Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

Thinking of picking up either Sugarcane 66 OR Eternal 811 when I visit NYC and BiG next month. I've seen plenty of 811s, but not SC66. Anyone have these and care to share some fit pics? Is this a new cut from SC? If yes, is it new denim or are is it denim they've used before on other cuts? Looks like it could be the same as the 47... any insight would be appreciated...

anyone know if SC makes any hawaiis/okinawas in a longer inseam?? 33 is ok, but i was just wondering if theres anything longer out there.

thanks

from all the rakuten sites I shop, I haven't seen any of those models with an inseam longer than 33".

depending on tall you are, you can either

1. Too Long:Cuff them at least 2-4"; or as much as possible to not have any stacks at all.

2. Too short: Just wear them normally or wear them high enough that the bottom of the jeans are a little above your ankles (Read "LIGHTNING" the Denim Book issue and flip to the Head/Creator of Denime. That's a good fit)

3. VERY VERY SHORT: make the most expensive pair of shorts.

I read this, but wanted to get some personal experience input. Thank you!! I'm not anywhere near close to a soak or wash, but good to know. So my combs should match back up after a soad or wash then?

they will not shrink. if you're worried about matching up your combs then wear the jeans while they're damp after the wash/soak.

re: inseam size... I'm 6'3" and my SC 47s fit fine in the length (34"), they just break around the ankle like dress pants should. i think the stack-o-mania trend is distorting the general perception of how long jeans need to be. it's okay if you're jeans don't break 8 times around your ankles. it's okay if your socks are a little visible when you sit down. besides, the hem width of the okis/47s would make for sloppy stacking.

Thinking of picking up either Sugarcane 66 OR Eternal 811 when I visit NYC and BiG next month. I've seen plenty of 811s, but not SC66. Anyone have these and care to share some fit pics? Is this a new cut from SC? If yes, is it new denim or are is it denim they've used before on other cuts? Looks like it could be the same as the 47... any insight would be appreciated...

Here are mine a couple of days after I bought them in the o/w state. They are a 31W. I'm wearing a 30 in the FC contest 0105C if you need another pair to compare fits and sizing. There is some fading in the 3 months that I wore them, but they fade SUPER slow. I will post some progress pictures if I get a chance.

66_initial_front.jpg

66_initial_back.jpg

from all the rakuten sites I shop, I haven't seen any of those models with an inseam longer than 33".

depending on tall you are, you can either

1. Too Long:Cuff them at least 2-4"; or as much as possible to not have any stacks at all.

2. Too short: Just wear them normally or wear them high enough that the bottom of the jeans are a little above your ankles (Read "LIGHTNING" the Denim Book issue and flip to the Head/Creator of Denime. That's a good fit)

3. VERY VERY SHORT: make the most expensive pair of shorts.

lol :) ok i hope i can cuff them up without any flooding.. a small 1 inch cuff should do..

need to post my 'evo' okinawas someday soon here as i think it's retiring soon. i've worn this for more than 16 months and my wife just recently sowed up a hole in my right front pocket due to heavy use of getting coins from there for bus rides...

uh.. i don't know... i'll just let the pictures do the justice for you...

i'll take some pictures tomorrow if weather's good...

be patient... ;-)

ok.. here are the photos and i think this is like 2-3 wash in about 16 months... this pair has had good life in africa, china, and japan. this pair will hibernate for a year or so as i'm going to start wearing my SExDB09 pair soon.

_MG_0768.jpg

_MG_0762.jpg

_MG_0778.jpg

_MG_0780.jpg

_MG_0763.jpg

_MG_0787.jpg

_MG_0776.jpg

_MG_0791.jpg

_MG_0795.jpg

_MG_0761.jpg

WOW, those look great. so i was wondering if you guys could shed light on the different fading properties of Okinawas and Hawaiis. Are Okinawa's less streaky than hawaiis?? Is the hue of blue much different when faded??

thanks much

just took pictures of 'em recently and you know that shooting during the evenings do not do justice well based on the blue hues... also, i just wore 'em while camping in bishop recently and it's filled with campfire aroma... gotta love 'em!!!

_MG_0810.jpg

_MG_0811.jpg

i'll try to re-take the fit pictures sometimes soon when i have time...

actually, i've never owned a pair of hawaii so i'm not quite an expert on this one... but i can assure that okinawa is one of my favorite jeans of all based on its feel and comfort. this is my 'loose' jeans.

just took pictures of 'em recently and you know that shooting during the evenings do not do justice well based on the blue hues... also, i just wore 'em while camping in bishop recently and it's filled with campfire aroma... gotta love 'em!!!

_MG_0810.jpg

_MG_0811.jpg

i'll try to re-take the fit pictures sometimes soon when i have time...

actually, i've never owned a pair of hawaii so i'm not quite an expert on this one... but i can assure that okinawa is one of my favorite jeans of all based on its feel and comfort. this is my 'loose' jeans.

Havent seen such a great faded oki here for a long time! IMO the LHT is way harder to get whiskers,combs and fades,on the other hand they feels so soft and comfy,it pays in the long run.I have to store my pair for a year because of the FC contest, I just hope I will stick them.

^^ Okinawa's are dope.

BTW, Sugar Cane has a new model out. The SC2009 aka 1947 Type II. Based on the measurements, it looks like it's a more modern 501 cut...less anti-fit. And the price is right too, 13400 yen. Shame I don't need more jeans...

I think it is the same 1947 cut, but with a lighter 12oz denim.