Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

I am looking into getting a pair of the Okinawa's, the 40301s (these http://www.rakuten.co.jp/hinoya/119706/256094/177032/.) Does anybody know anything much about them? They look a bit higher than the 47s, due to the fact that they're a four button fly and not a three. If anyone has them or any experience with them and could enlighten me somewhat about them, I would love you.

Also, what modern jeans would be similar to them, or any other SugarCanes? I want to try on something similar so that I can be sure I like the straight leg and all that, because my only true adventure into properly fitting/nice denim has been a pair or RRDS and Zathans, so I only have experience with bootcuts right now.

Edited by cryptoclastic on Apr 10, 2006 at 06:26 PM

• 2 weeks later...

does anybody have a measurement on the leg opening of the 47's in their post shrunken state? is it approx a ~17 inch opening?

thanks a lot

also in what instances would 1 wash be prefered to raw?

here are pics of my 4 day old sugarcanes (one wash). 5'9" 153LB, 31X34

big ups to hinoya on rakuten. if anyone needs help communicating with them, holla at me.

anyways, these fit a lot snugger than i usually wear jeans but i'm getting used to them:

sugarcanes1.jpg

sugarcanes2.jpg

Edited by mizanation on Apr 24, 2006 at 11:22 PM

Quote:

those look effin' sweet man, has all the shrinkin been accounted for already? whats the shine/sheen on them like?

--- Original message by Becks23 on Apr 24, 2006 11:43 PM

they are one wash so if i wash them they will shrink more. but i'm not gonna wash them, maybe dryclean when they get dirty.

the 47 sugarcanes are really slubby, so they don't have too much of a sheen on them. more fuzzy than anything.

Quote:

here are pics of my 4 day old sugarcanes (one wash). 5'9" 153LB, 31X34

big ups to hinoya on rakuten. if anyone needs help communicating with them, holla at me.

anyways, these fit a lot snugger than i usually wear jeans but i'm getting used to them:

sugarcanes1.jpg

sugarcanes2.jpg

Edited by mizanation on Apr 24, 2006 at 11:22 PM

--- Original message by mizanation on Apr 24, 2006 11:20 PM

Nice fit. I'm getting nearer to wanting to give my one-wash 47's their first bath (only because I want the rear-end to shrink up a bit). Overall, I'm with you...I just love em.

Quote:

does anyone know if the measurements at hinoya are before or after washing?

(a question probably already answered somewhere in this thread, but can't be arsed to search...sorry)

--- Original message by dubwise on Apr 25, 2006 03:50 PM

they only sell one-wash, so it's after washing (one time).

Quote:
Quote:

does anyone know if the measurements at hinoya are before or after washing?

(a question probably already answered somewhere in this thread, but can't be arsed to search...sorry)

--- Original message by dubwise on Apr 25, 2006 03:50 PM

they only sell one-wash, so it's after washing (one time).

--- Original message by mizanation on Apr 25, 2006 10:49 PM

no, they also sell unwashed jeans. i can't read japanese but i'm pretty sure that the letter "N" at the end of the style code denotes unwashed jeans (No-wash)

can anyone confirm?

sometimes N stands for "natural indigo" in some Sugarcane models like hawaii, edo or okinawa.

A could be "artificial", not sure though.

ワンウォッシュ means "one wash" (wan uosshu)

ノンウォッシュ means "non-washed" (non uosshu)

リジッド means "rigid" (rijiddo)