Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

hawaii x hawaii (sc40400N on top)

2408360280_fed6b93d62.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2013/2408360280_4a833b9731_o.jpg

hawaii x okinawa (hawaii on the bottom, these are both the 50/50 blend)

2407528617_e599319272.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3037/2407528617_2df3d5c954_o.jpg

hawaii x okinawa (SC40400N on top):

2407529161_411d38c348.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2301/2407529161_5b8680996a_o.jpg

SC40400N back pocket, just for schnitzngigglz:

2408360820_ba53a12f84.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2194/2408360820_6e9bfd270e_o.jpg

DSC00347.jpg

DSC00346.jpg

It's ridiculously hard to capture the true color of these jeans. They have about a month of wear and I've just started wearing them again after I hemmed them. I'll update in a month or two once I get some solid wear on these.

^ which ones are those?

i can't really see it that well, but basically that's how my Okis fit. You got a lot of combs considering theyre not a skinny fit. sweet fit man

I can't find any other shoes that goes will with the SC-Okis besides chucks too lol

If im around a size 33-33.5, would a pair of size 32 Okinawa's eventually stretch out to around 33? I ordered a size 34 in these and felt that they were a true 34 despite self edge listing them as 32.7 since the waist was pretty big on me.

I am usually a safe 29 but I went down to 28's. There were painful to wear at first, very hard to do the top button, but after a couple of wears and an overnight stretching, the waist became a snug fit. I didn't want to get a size 29 because it was going to stretch and I want to minimize any kind of looseness as possible even though they are not meant to be some slim straight jeans.

• 2 weeks later...

I am looking to buy a some Okinawas, but I can't decide between 31 or 30.

I was looking at the Bears site and they list 30 at 74cm which seems a little small, but Hinoya lists 30s at 76cm.

Size 30 fits well for me in Samurais, but I am afraid the Okinawas will bee too small at that size.

get a 31 and not because i have a pair for sale but i wear a 29 in sam and prob could have got a 30 in these okinawas. one of the reasons im selling them is because they are a little too big

get a 31 and not because i have a pair for sale but i wear a 29 in sam and prob could have got a 30 in these okinawas. one of the reasons im selling them is because they are a little too big

it also depends on if you plan to wear the sugarcanes high. if so, you could probably get the 30. my sams are 31 and my okinawas are a 32 and i definitely could have gone down one. if you are planning to wear them at your hips though definitely go 31.

Overload. The second picture down is the best representation of color. I really wish I could capture the true color of these jeans. You need to see these in person.

SC40501 unworn

_______

DSC00448.jpg

DSC00441.jpg

DSC00439.jpg

DSC00444.jpg

DSC00450.jpg

DSC00445.jpg

and the fruity weft...

DSC00452.jpg

DSC00453.jpg

These have softened up a lot and are really comfortable now. I'm going to continue wearing these, cycling them into rotation with my Take 5 x Pherrow's. I can't wait for the self edge collabo either. :D

those are looking bad ass. did you remove the side pocket?

glad to see someone is getting some wear from them. i would have kept them if they werent too big for me.

Yes, I removed the side pocket but kept the double loop. The red kanji that was on the snakeskin peeled off, and they stretched out a bit too. Thanks for letting me get these. :D

im just glad to see some evo pics of these. when i was looking for them originally, everyone that bought them had sold them so there are no evo pics of these on this board.

• 2 weeks later...

Sugar Cane just released their new natural indigo shirts...

http://www.selfedge.com/2008/05/sugar-cane-natural-indigo-summer-shirts.php

It's cool to see a different patten than what's normally seen when companies do a natural indigo dyed shirt..

These are the nicest shirts you've carried yet, kiya. So nice to see something that isn't a western-style design. How heavy is the cotton on them? Do they breathe nicely?

The cotton is quite soft and hairy, and breathes really well, perfect for summer wear..

how do the '47s tend to hold up? i've been eyeing a pair on self edge, the price seems nice. i've never really researched sugarcane, and this thread seems too massive for me to digest. if anyone could post some "highlights" i'd really appreciate it