Burgus Plus by Hinoya

tweeds

No dedicated threak on superdenim so i thought i would do it...

Burgus is Hinoya's house brand, quality without any noise. these are the BP 770 jeans, which are their entry-level slim straights. supima cotton yarn, deer leather patch, denim which i believe is around 13-14oz. neither particularly coarse and slubby, nor does it have a very soft hand. sits right in the middle with a slightly rough texture, but still very comfortable in the tropical heat.

overall great value for money. except for the cut i would prefer this to the skull 5010XX.

Denim Phenom has a pair of 780s on its way to him, which are at a higher price point and heavier denim, so he should add more ;)

just some details:

tasty, snacky patch

2498993876_440c481a8b_o.jpg

all buttons stamped with HINOYA - UENO - AMEYOKO

2498167113_fbfddcabcc_o.jpg

back pockets

2498994356_85449f47ea_o.jpg

2498994626_d3015b0249_o.jpg

pink selvedge line

2498166487_a500f71d32_o.jpg

fit pixxx and other bigger things to come when there's light...

overall verdict from my end is simply that for this price point this is great stuff. sugar cane 1947s sit in the same price bracket, and i'd pick this for both the cut as well as the denim over the 47s.

I was plugging away at SuperSearch yesterday and I was going to bump an old post but it looks like Tweed beat me to it.

Here are the 780s that Tweeds picked up for me in Japan. These are made from 17oz denim but are lighter than the S5000VXs that I owned last year. They may be too warm for the upcoming Hawaii summer but we shall see.

I initially wanted a pair of 30s since I thought I could fit into those. After re-evaluating my current state of fatness I realized that a 33 would better suit my needs. They came in a one wash state although I just put them through a hot wash since I want to be sure most, if not all shrinking is out of the way before I send them off to be hemmed.

I will post proper fit pics when they return from the tailor.

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/hinoya/780-1301/

IMG_1711.jpg

IMG_1716.jpg

Back pocket arcuates and tab. The thread used for stitching is very thick as can be seen in this photo.

IMG_1717.jpg

This photo is most representative of the color. They have a very noticeable vertical streak to them. I'm sure Tweeds can attest to this.

IMG_1718.jpg

Purple ticker, which most often is used with natural indigo, is not the case here.

IMG_1719.jpg

Some detail photos.

IMG_1712.jpg

I might file these rivets down because they are very tall and scratch my hand when I put it in the pocket.

IMG_1714.jpg

IMG_1715.jpg

Paul, i checked with the hinoya staff but i couldn't really communicate because of a language barrier. only managed to understand that dye-work was done in okayama.

DP, good to hear about your jeans. didn't have a good look at them before i sent them out because i was rushing the last few days in tokyo and first few days after i got back home! they look great, vertical streaking isn't evident in mine and along with the purple ears the denim must be a different grade hence the differential pricing.

do they fit well on you? :)

do they fit well on you? :)

When I picked them up at the post office I was afraid they would be too big but then I laid the waist on top of my year worn SC1947s and the waist on the 780s was smaller. This made me feel a lot better about buying 33s.

They fit like SC1947s but with slimmer thighs. I'm very happy with these and need to send them off to be hemmed with quickness!!

Eddie, the jeans are 18,900 yen.

Paul, i checked with the hinoya staff but i couldn't really communicate because of a language barrier. only managed to understand that dye-work was done in okayama.

i've chatted with the guys at hinoya before, and iirc they don't have just one supplier for their denim but multiple. some of their stuff are very close to oni denim, while others aren't.

very interesting products. i think they also had one of the more affordable natural indigo denim that are supposed to fade like "normal" jeans because they weren't dyed to the core.

• 2 weeks later...

these look very nice. being that i beat up the backs of jeans( i just had to reinforce the back pocket twice this week, and put in 3 patches) the thick stitching is tempting. but still, with me it would only last but so long. great looking jeans. i love quality from obscure makes.

• 3 weeks later...

Just went to Hinoya today and picked up a pair of Burgus 770s raw!

Will post fit pics when I get home and shrink these bad boys.

They also had natural indigo hank-dyed and kakishibu-dyed Burgus jeans for about 62000 yen if I remember correctly... very damn cool.

Burgus Plus 770 raw (they had one-wash available as well)

IMG_3140.jpg

I've been fiending after their AWA and persimmon jeans for like a year

i really wouldnt mind seeing a pair of worn persimmon dyed denimz - from any company. i wanna get a pair, but i'd like to see how they fade first. and i look better in blue, rather than um.. orange/brown. :)