Burgus Plus by Hinoya

tweeds

• 5 months later...

new chinch back model by Burgus Plus

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/hinoya/item/928-xx/

imgrc0069118028.jpg

damn I've just bought a pair of chinch backs by Red Cloud, these would have been another serious contender if I had known about them earlier. measurements look great for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Just picked up a Naked & Famous/Burgus Plus colab. I am a huge fan of Naked & Famous and always try to pick up most of the colabs they do. Never heard of Burgus Plus before and after receiving the denim I am quite impressed with them. I've only worn them a couple days but they fit great and look even better.

Highlights for me are the front pockets, as I always pair all my denim with the N&F thick belt pockets that are located fairly high are hard to get into. This colab has the pockets located a little lower and even with a thick belt access is easy. Pocket bags seem thicker than most other denim and have a slight pinkish hue to them which is a cool detail.

Here is a picture I took this morning out at the cabin. Didn't take a ton of fit photos since it was like -25C today. Little chilly to fussing with camera.

">http://25055294249_05888d4ebb_z.jpg

Just picked up a Naked & Famous/Burgus Plus colab. I am a huge fan of Naked & Famous and always try to pick up most of the colabs they do. Never heard of Burgus Plus before and after receiving the denim I am quite impressed with them. I've only worn them a couple days but they fit great and look even better.

Highlights for me are the front pockets, as I always pair all my denim with the N&F thick belt pockets that are located fairly high are hard to get into. This colab has the pockets located a little lower and even with a thick belt access is easy. Pocket bags seem thicker than most other denim and have a slight pinkish hue to them which is a cool detail.

Here is a picture I took this morning out at the cabin. Didn't take a ton of fit photos since it was like -25C today. Little chilly to fussing with camera.

">http://25055294249_05888d4ebb_z.jpg

you are wearing a filson inner lining coat, right?

• 4 months later...

If my newish pair of Lot 770s are anything to go on, I would suggest not worrying about the price in correlation to quality.  Probably best to make sure that the measurements are going to work for you and go for it.

One of the better fits I've had in a while, in addition the most functional front pockets I have ever experienced in Japanese denim. I can actually fit like, stuff in there.

• 9 months later...

Reviving this thread after my recent visit to Tokyo bought a pair of Burgus Plus 770ZR, these are one wash but i did give them a warm wash once i got home. I wanted to buy the black Sugar cane jeans but they were all around 4-5cm too short. not too impressed with the denim on these they feel more rough than all my other denims, as if the yarns they used were somehow sharper. It's not the biggest problem but it's noticeable. i do appreciate the arcs and the sakura embroidery. Burgus Plus arcs are one of the few brands that i feel aren't directly inspired by Levi's 

measurements:

pre-wash

waist: 78cm

front rise: 27cm

back rise: 35cm

thigh: 28cm

knee: 21cm

leg opening: 19cm

inseam: 89cm

post-wash

waist: 72cm

front rise: 25cm

back rise: 33cm

thigh: 28cm

knee: 21cm

leg opening: 19cm

inseam: 88cm

WDHMePS.jpg

0kt51OU.jpg

2fmPYQt.jpg

1TDJWyO.jpg

1TDJWyO.jpg

B7wtUK1.jpg

k8IgNh6.jpg

Imgur Album with detail shots too lazy to paste the rest of the photos

Edited by FreeCharlesManson
forgot to write info

• 9 months later...

Got the lot.840 a couple weeks ago. I got it because it's made of US cone denim, and since that's becoming extinct, thought why not. Jeans made in Japan out of american denim, usually it's the other way around.

These are a simple clean looking pair of jeans. Nothing fancy. Really well made with solid stitching and only a few loose threads. Horse leather patch. Branded buttons and rivets. The buttons do look and feel cheap though, reminds of the plasticky material used in cheap trophies.

Also, the front pocket openings are big. A welcome surprise.

The denim is 13.75oz right hand twill red selvedge Cone Denim. The weft is really soft to the touch, it feels great. Nothing going on with the warp really, but I expect that will change after a wash or two. The denim also feels light, comparable to a 11oz pair of jeans I have. Does this sound like a special run of cone denim or is it one of the standard cone denim on offer?

I need to soak it to get rid of shrink, but I like the fit. Modern slim silhouette which suits these jeans.

Tag size 32, pre soak measurements are below. Pre soak fit pics are further below.

waist: 33in
FR: 10.2in
BR: 13.4in
U.Thigh:  11.5in
Knee: 8.2in
Leg Opening: 7.2in

IMG_20180226_123852.jpg
IMG_20180226_124032.jpg

IMG_20180226_123838-_COLLAGE.jpg

IMG_20180226_125203.jpg
IMG_20180226_125213.jpg
IMG_20180226_125329.jpg

Edited by Niro

• 8 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...

Ordered some Burgus Plus chambray shirts from the Hinoy online store, measurements were spot on. Roomy and triple stitching making them great for work. Now I am returning to my no purchases for 2023 mode.

IMG_4509.thumb.JPG.44fd0449042d19502e008026914da471.JPG

IMG_4522.thumb.JPG.a49b3d9a8787f500bd56f2e5988e602c.JPG

IMG_4547.thumb.jpeg.1aa7b6bb5446326ac9a6159970ba5c54.jpeg

IMG_4529.thumb.JPG.3b0a537f9b886685224335d503a26f05.JPG

IMG_4542.thumb.JPG.3897a4fa65de8f357719d943c3efe79a.JPG