Sign in to follow this  
Planet Mental

Only being able to view the site w/ a proxy

FoxyProxy. it's pretty easy to use

i'm trying that now, but keep getting the error

The proxy server is refusing connections

Firefox is configured to use a proxy server that is refusing connections.

* Check the proxy settings to make sure that they are correct.

* Contact your network administrator to make sure the proxy server is

working.

I use hidemyass.com, it sucks for posting because you can't click on any of the icons and some of the pictures don't show up. but it's fast

can we please fucking fix this? i'm pretty close to calling it quits because of this issue. not to sound ungrateful or anything, it's been a great 4 years, but this is driving me crazy having to go through a proxy to view this site!

Agreed! I'm really not sure how its taking this long to fix the problem.

Hmmm... its been like this for me for months now ever since the server change. Is it new for you jj? It kinda seems like the problem is slowly spreading through sufu.

Hmmm... its been like this for me for months now ever since the server change. Is it new for you jj? It kinda seems like the problem is slowly spreading through sufu.

i gave goose everything he needs, don't know if that at all helped. the weird thing is i can view supertalk on my iphone on wifi, connected to the interweb, not my my laptop

problem fixed for me now, but only because before that I was in mexico (supertalk seemed to be the only site blocked for me).

i know how frustrating it can be so if you need ppl to complain I'm in :D

Hmmm... I can view it at my neighbors places no problem, but for some reason none of the computers on my home network can. Hopefully goose can figure this thing out.

Okay its officially been five months now... time to fix this huh?

i have recently encountered this problem :\

in the netherlands using UPC

is this strictly a supertalk server issue, or can I try to resolve it somehow with my isp?

i have been having this problem since early July, when i moved.

FYI, my computer also still thinks i'm in Brazil. like, the times on my gmail and shit are all Brazil time, even if i set my computer time to EDT.

i will send the info from the steps goose said to take but i'm glad to know i'm not the only one

don't know about proxys but it sounds supergay to me

i have recently encountered this problem :\

in the netherlands using UPC

is this strictly a supertalk server issue, or can I try to resolve it somehow with my isp?

Its supertalk... nothing your ISP can do about it.

fix this shit!

AMEN! 10char

Guest Goose25

hey guys, understand your angst. we are very close to launch of new site which means a complete overhaul of domain and dns structure/implementation.

To date we have done everything we can to work this problem out including the logging of your http requests and working with the data you have provided from your trace routes etc...

- Some of you are still having problems and we apologise for this but once the domain and dns are overhauled we should experience less problems and hopefully identify and fix the issues for those that do still have ongoing problems.

I also have to use a proxy to get in when i use the computer in my condo. But most of the time it will only take me to the front page. It works everywhere else, just not there. Tracert tells me it times out.

i changed my modem and now everything finally works well. It's weird though. I have a mac and a pc, and the mac never had issues getting onto SUFU, but now with the new modem, i am able to go with my PC as well.