Okinawa?

damn im kinda freaking out, am i basically 3 hours away from anything cool?

i was basically searching for somewhere cheap to stay and the reviews showed it was a good location, so that kinda sucks. i have limited time there and wasting 6 hours a day traveling is gonna suck.

to be honest, its not the ideal location.

if you have time to change it, you may want to consider it.

That being said, its close to the airport so at least you won't have far to go once you get there and when you leave.

and even though you may have to travel to see what you want elsewhere, this will probably be true anywhere you stay since there is not one central location. Again, you might want to find a couchsurfer with a car who is willing to help you out.

Personally though, I would recommend staying in the Okinawa city (Koza) area, because there is a little more right around there to do and you may be able to get places easier.

Otherwise, look for a small guesthouse in a beach village or something, and stay somewhere outside of the main cities. Have done this before too and had a great time in the country.

thanks for the advice dude, i got an email from teh hostel and they said that i can change my stay with 24 hours notice but i cant find any place the book that is not in naha, so im not 100% sure that i want to cancel yet. god i wish i had done the tiniest bit of research before i decided to book.

eh, whatever im hoping for the best.

i enjoyed it quite a bit actually, except for the insane humidity and jack ass air force guy, just wish i had more time there, 4 days is nowhere near enough time.

oh yeah, taco rice is fucking awesome. im surprised id never seen it before this, it really should be a global food.

yeah, summer is rough. you feel like you're sweating no matter where you go.

always wondered why taco rice hadn't blown up elsewhere since its so easy to make (even on the mainland you can only really find it in "Okinawan" restaurants).

grub it at home all the time.

in college I would put a slice of cheddar, cherry tomatoes, and some rice in lettuce, squirt taco bell sauce on it. poor man's taco rice to go.

3532893015_45b0e89a51.jpg