Was diesel coool 10 years ago.

Guest freedomfighter

Diesel seems pretty diamonds in the rough for me. I've seen some GREAT shit recently, mixed up in a sea of just plain old shit. Mass-bro-wear seems like an overstatement. The fit of everything in that store rocks the hell out of 95% of the rest of mainstream fashion, albeit a lot is ugly. It could be a lot worse though. Ed Hardy?

sometime between the last 5-10 years: Dsquared > Diesel > Abercrombie.

Now all three is pretty shit. I was still able to sell a pair of Zathan 772's for over $100 on ebay about a year ago, and they were sitting in my closet for about a year and a half untouched before that. Diesel had it's day and while it's hard to shake it's eurotrash stigma, if they do get a new designer (Hedi? wtf?) maybe the brand will pick up new interest in a few years.

BTW can anyone think of a brand today that was like Diesel 10 years ago (and may be heading in the same direction)? Nothing too close comes to my mind at this time.

i wouldn't say diesel was super-high-fasion cool, but the brand wasn't completely lame like it is now. around '96 a lot of their jeans were simple cuts with subtle washes and stitching. a lot of regular older guys with a little more money would wear them if they didn't feel rocking levis or gap jeans.

once they started slapping their name/ogo on everything, and doing jeans in acid battery snowfield washes with garish back pocket stitching, it really went to complete shit (around 99-01).

Diesel seems pretty diamonds in the rough for me. I've seen some GREAT shit recently, mixed up in a sea of just plain old shit. Mass-bro-wear seems like an overstatement. The fit of everything in that store rocks the hell out of 95% of the rest of mainstream fashion, albeit a lot is ugly. It could be a lot worse though. Ed Hardy?
sometime between the last 5-10 years: Dsquared > Diesel > Abercrombie.

Now all three is pretty shit. I was still able to sell a pair of Zathan 772's for over $100 on ebay about a year ago, and they were sitting in my closet for about a year and a half untouched before that. Diesel had it's day and while it's hard to shake it's eurotrash stigma, if they do get a new designer (Hedi? wtf?) maybe the brand will pick up new interest in a few years.

BTW can anyone think of a brand today that was like Diesel 10 years ago (and may be heading in the same direction)? Nothing too close comes to my mind at this time.

ha, yes. those jeans came in handy real goood when i needed $ quick and sold them bitches. diesel has always been hit or miss, with the misses being large ones.