BEST Indian Restaurant?

tootwoot

Hi. I really love Indian food, and would love to try different Indian restaurants during my future travels. Please tell me of your favorite Indian restaurant, and don't forget to tell me the city it's in. By the way, I especially love buffets at Indian restaurants.

The best Indian restaurant I've been to is in Los Angeles by UCLA. When I was in college, I frequently ditched dorm food for this place, New India Grill. It's a small place on Westwood & Wellworth. I love their lunch buffet, and their Kheer(rice pudding) is so good!

PUJA

In Nagoya, Japan (Imaike, near Dai-ye and UNY)

I'm not kidding. Craziest Indian food I've ever had in my life. And the hugest/butteriest/clay-fire NAAN ...!!!!!

only one dude working, takes your order, goes back and cooks for an hour, serves you, and pours your "mizu".

hollaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

thehundreds is huge.

www.thehundreds.com

• 2 weeks later...

When in London just pay no attention to the honky slop in Brick lane and either head south to Tooting, or north-west to Southhall.

There's a tiny joint that does amazing Surti food in a place north west of central london, called Kenton, If you can be bothered to trek. It's called Ram's, and won the London Time Out vegetarian restaurant of the year a bunch of times. I used to live near there and the food is UNMISSABLE. Plus it fills up with asian locals so it goes off most nights, and the service is insane, too.

r_mutt: Really? New India Grill isn't that good? That's the best place I've been to. I've also been to some places in Orange County, but none are as good as New India Grill in my opinion. So what's the name of the place you're talking about. What city is it in? Please let me know. Thanks.

• 5 months later...

OMG! I just found the best Indian restaurant in Orange County. It's called Shehnai, and it's in Anaheim. Their service is so good and their food is fantastic. Definitely check out their lunch buffet! I think their regular lunch buffet is around $7; their Sunday brunch buffets are $10.

if you are so into indian food it is worthwhile going to india for a month or so.

although you will probably think less of the indian food here.

if you want to blow your mind try the south rather than the north, kerala even to the south west goa.

good luck

• 1 month later...