the coolest watch

chut

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a white Triple Crown Edition G-Shock which I bought in Hawaii. It's a great everyday watch and been on tour with me many times. Wouldn't mind a vintage 1969 Rolex Daytona but they cost as much as a mid-range car in London. Definitely a lot cooler than the new shiny Daytonas.

In no particular order:

IWC Mark XV or Mark XII Pilots watch - ~$4-5k a beautiful, simple, starkly functional design.

IWC Porsche Design - ~$5-6k - The first watch with an all-titanium housing and integrated bracelet, long discontinued, now a design classic IMO.

A Lange u. Söhne Datograph - ~$20k (?) - Utterly excessive, arguably the pinnacle of modern watchmaking, there is nothing to rival the quality of finish and the precision of the movement at that price range.

• 2 weeks later...

Having gone through more than my fair share

IWC Portuguese, Mark XV, pilot chrono, old aquatimer, portofino, UTC on brown leather strap

Oris big date

omega SM GMT

maurice lacriox

The Cartier Santos 100 in SS and black leather strap (deployant) sits on my wrist as I type this.

(would LOVE a Lange datograph with black dial.......damn...)

I PREFER THE AZTEC BRAHMA CALENDAR SACRAFICIAL WRIST SUN DIAL. THE FACE IS BASIC GRANITE AND DOUBLES AS A DYNAMIC PAPER WEIGHT. THE DIAL ITSELF IS MADE OF BRONZE BUT DUE TO THE SEA AIR IT'S A BIT TARNISHED BUT THAT JUST SHOWS IT'S AUTHENTICITY. THE BAND IS MADE OF ALBINO PYTHON WHICH IS KINDA TIGHT BUT IF I WANT TO JUST CHILL I'LL SWAP IT OUT FOR MY BROWN BURRO HYDE BAND INSTEAD. I LIVE IN L.A. AND ALL THE CHOLAS JUST PLAIN JOCK MY PIECE. AND SINCE IT WAS AN OFFICAL SACRIFICAL ITEM IT STILL LET'S ME KNOW WHEN TO DROP THE HAMMER FOR THE NEXT 187.

BIG FACE?? FUCK JACOBS!!

SHIT IS WACK

Quote:

I PREFER THE AZTEC BRAHMA CALENDAR SACRAFICIAL WRIST SUN DIAL. THE FACE IS BASIC GRANITE AND DOUBLES AS A DYNAMIC PAPER WEIGHT. THE DIAL ITSELF IS MADE OF BRONZE BUT DUE TO THE SEA AIR IT'S A BIT TARNISHED BUT THAT JUST SHOWS IT'S AUTHENTICITY. THE BAND IS MADE OF ALBINO PYTHON WHICH IS KINDA TIGHT BUT IF I WANT TO JUST CHILL I'LL SWAP IT OUT FOR MY BROWN BURRO HYDE BAND INSTEAD. I LIVE IN L.A. AND ALL THE CHOLAS JUST PLAIN JOCK MY PIECE. AND SINCE IT WAS AN OFFICAL SACRIFICAL ITEM IT STILL LET'S ME KNOW WHEN TO DROP THE HAMMER FOR THE NEXT 187.

BIG FACE?? FUCK JACOBS!!

--- Original message by JUPAFETT on Aug 23, 2004 06:25 PM

why did i post anything JUPAFETT killed it!

• 8 months later...