Post your Fall/Winter Jackets...

kracksnack

Trovata Jacket

I am in love with this brand. the details are amazing. turquoise thread, vintage buttons and toggles, nice linings, comfortable and modern cuts.

I was also looking to get the burton paul smith jacket, but its over priced and not nearly as nice as i expected, but along the same lines and in a pinstripe jacket for snowboarding, foursquare makes a nice brown one which i would like to get, but havent seen it in stores yet. It will probnably show up at Sporting Life.

center_mens05.jpg

http://myfavouritethings.biz.tc/one.html

my favourite things.

Edited by kyl on Oct 2, 2005 at 09:04 PM

Softshells come in all kinds of Gore-texs also and yes it's the way to go.

but if you think it's to stiff and not breathable then why would you recommend

gore for the backcountry? 1st when in the backcountry you are more aerobic and

2nd your moving a lot more so stiffness is bad right?

Know what your talking about before posting for those who don't know and look to

this board for the correct info.

Peace or capice'

Quote:

that shit's too expensive. Dropping 450 on a jacket, when most of the people here have no need for high tech shit is pointless. Maybe if you're a mountaineer, but I don't think anyone here is.

--- Original message by woejozney on Oct 3, 2005 02:13 PM

It obviously doesn't snow and drop to -30 C where you live.

hey kracksnack, i think that that is it although mine is all black. i would never buy the one you showed me here. i hate all those panels. for me it is all solid colours or i am not buying the jacket.

as i recall the hood is unbelievably well made , very form fitting. it is a very light and very warm jacket. i think that is the jacket but mine again is all black. do you have the same jacket?

the eclipse is nigh

Quote: that shit's too expensive. Dropping 450 on a jacket, when most of the people here have no need for high tech shit is pointless. Maybe if you're a mountaineer, but I don't think anyone here is.

I ski backcountry 5 months out of the year. Most high-tech stuff costs about $200-300, comes with a lifetime warranty, and is certainly a better use of money than buying $200 jeans.

Quote: Softshells come in all kinds of Gore-texs also and yes it's the way to go.

but if you think it's to stiff and not breathable then why would you recommend

gore for the backcountry? 1st when in the backcountry you are more aerobic and

2nd your moving a lot more so stiffness is bad right?

Know what your talking about before posting for those who don't know and look to

this board for the correct info.

Peace or capice'

Dude, I normally work out of Utah and ski backcountry for a good part of the year.

Softshells are the way to go for every day wear as well as light lift-serviced skiing.

In more extreme climates during backcountry touring or mountaineering, you should wear stiff traditional Gore-tex as it is much more water resistant than soft-shell scholler fabric or the new soft-shell Gore-tex. Being stiffer and much less breathable is a fine trade-off for not getting soaked.

Kid-- My comment was to let you know that Gore comes in softshell your quote came off

like you did'nt know that. Schoeller comes in many forms also in case you did'nt know.

All gore-tex hardshells are'nt less breathable than all softshells. The newest softshells with

their very fine weaves can be nearly as water resistant as hardshells. Hardshells are beneficial because of their weight and durability.

I've lived at 10,000 feet for 17yrs and been in the outdoor industry for over 20yrs.

and can walk to the lifts and backcountry from my front door.

• 2 months later...
Quote:

apc2wy.jpg

Looking to get this oiled cotton motorcycle jacket.

--- Original message by dnnsmanace on Dec 7, 2005 03:20 PM

I have a Belstaff one of these... they are absolutely amazing- waterproof without looking cheap.

I'm not a fan of the fancy belt though.

IT GETS WACKER BY THE SECOND!

Quote:
Quote:

Looking to check out that APC jacket myself this weekend. Hopefully that belt is removeable.

--- Original message by Dangydang on Dec 7, 2005 04:52 PM

Actually dig the belt! Do you know if its available in US stores? Cause only their EU site showed it as new item.

--- Original message by dnnsmanace on Dec 7, 2005 05:36 PM

It should be available cause the US site showed the jacket this afternoon after I got the email from them about the new products.