Self Edge x Sugar Cane - SExSC06

Ry'on

sokjon, true waist? and what size did you get? i also think you could shrink them a bit more

craiggg, i just measured 2'' below my belly button and came up with 32'' (which is kind of weird, I've never had a pair of jeans before these in anything higher than a 30), but i got a size 31 and the fit is spot on

sokjon, true waist? and what size did you get? i also think you could shrink them a bit more

yeah, i'm spot on 35" if I relax my stomach. The fit is perfect everywhere else, just not the hips or rear.

Would it be worth getting another pair 1 or even 2 sizes down?

do not size down two

sizing down 1 may even be too much

they are a slim jean to begin with, you don't need to size down

my 31s are a bit loose in the waist, but i don't think i could have fit in the thigh of the 30s

they look perfect from the thigh down and im sure the hip flare will soften up with wear and drape better

or you could always try another hot soak and maybe a hot dry

do not size down two

sizing down 1 may even be too much

they are a slim jean to begin with, you don't need to size down

my 31s are a bit loose in the waist, but i don't think i could have fit in the thigh of the 30s

they look perfect from the thigh down and im sure the hip flare will soften up with wear and drape better

or you could always try another hot soak and maybe a hot dry

I could comfortably do a 33" waist I think, but you are probably right about the thigh.

I'll give them another hot soak and then throw them in the dryer too. Failing that, they'll go up on supermarket :(

true waist, like true love, is a myth - it's basically an aggregated median of waist sizes across several brands of jeans.

rest assured that as long as you got the ballpark sizing right, the jeans will eventually conform to your body - such is the beauty of denim. it may not fit like you wanted or expected, but it will fit in its own way.

just wear the goddamn jeans already. everything else will come naturally.

that is all.

measurements of a 34 after hot soak and being in the dryer for 40 mins:

waist 16.75

front rise 11

back rise 14

inseam (hemmed to 36.5 dry) 35

thigh 12.5

leg opening 8.5

waist shrinkage is almost exact as quoted, my inseam didn't change much tho...

overall, much better fit now. still not perfect, but better. :cool:

^ hope they'll be alright.

even though I love how they're coming along so far seeing your pics up there makes me miss the look of my brand new 40601s a little. all those white spots and I think they had a little hue of purple to them. :rolleyes:

*ps: thought I posted this yesterday. but apperently didnt work.

I just got my size 30 jeans in the mail and at first, I couldn't button up the top button. But after much stretching, I'm finally able to button all the buttons. However, I'm afraid of the shrinkage after the soak. Is the anyway to prevent the waist from shrinking? Do I wear the jeans and sit in the bath? Or is there other ways?

I just got my size 30 jeans in the mail and at first, I couldn't button up the top button. But after much stretching, I'm finally able to button all the buttons. However, I'm afraid of the shrinkage after the soak. Is the anyway to prevent the waist from shrinking? Do I wear the jeans and sit in the bath? Or is there other ways?

soak them and put them on when they're damp. The water loosens up the fabric in the waist and when you put them on while they're still a bit wet, they'll stretch out. I did this with my SExSC02's and my BSP's and they fit fine now. i soaked for 45min and 9pm at night and put them on in the morning when they were damp till they dried.

jacoBUH_x

tell us more about how you sized? true to waist?

pre and post-soak measurements too?

thanks

Sized up one. There a 30.

I dont really know the measurements but as soon as i can take the time to measure em ill let you know. I know that the inseam is around a 33 after the hem and the waist is at about 29 after soak.

That is one damn nice fit.

+rep

thanks man.