Self Edge x Sugar Cane - SExSC06

Ry'on

Great job showing how slubby they actually are, Jackers

Can't wait until mine get in

Soak pics:

These bleed a lot of indigo... this is after like 5 minutes

3030534423_964cfa7c15.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They needed to be held under water.

3030534531_ee07798dff.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A bottle full of the water post soak, look at how green it is. And this is with luke warm (just above RT) water...

3030534607_92c891654c.jpg

I should patent this and sell it at selfedge. STUNNAxSE Denimdryer

3031373072_e641a8f23d.jpg

Only thing I could measure was the hem, its about 7.8 inches now (shrunk from 8.2). Full measurements to come tomorrow morning.

3030534729_71691046a2.jpg

PS: The yellow pockets are awesome, and I love the lining in the back pockets. Nice details.

OK fit pics to come tomorrow... somehow I finished drying them already, I pointed a big fan on them while they hung.

Measurements:

Waist: 16.5 -> 15.5

Thigh: 12.1 -> 11.5

Inseam: 38.75 -> 36.25

Hem: 8.2 -> 7.8

I think theres even more room to shrink, these tightened up a lot in the lower leg.

Honestly guys, these live up to the hype. I wasnt even 100% sold on them until I tried them on after they dried. The fit is spot on, a perfect middle ground between tapered and semi-relaxed straight leg. This is exactly what Ive been looking for, a true slim straight leg. And the denim is crazy itchy but it softened up so much. Good stuff, pics to come.

EDIT: Haha funny you post that right as I'm writing about my fan add on. But mine was definitely way more ghetto than that.

Stunny..

Cotton and i are wondering what your plans are with that Indigo Juice?

Fit pics: Im really loving the fit on these. If I had a nicer camera or a tripod I'd take more and some closeups. I think once the denim softens up a little more it will feel so nice. Still some stretch in these I'm sure, especially around the waist which has been tough to stretch.

3034997661_86ce453d70.jpg

3035833376_bdcae93a75.jpg

3037054246_4739a509e0.jpg

3037054558_542b36464c.jpg

3036219903_1d6491cd80.jpg

^^ I'm wearing them kinda low and they kind of bunch in the ass a little bit but it looks better in person.

but how does the 13oz denim feel? I've never had denim lighter than 15oz

It feels amazing, not because of it's weight, but because of it's unique properties as slack denim. $305 is beyond a great value for this jean, considering the price of the 40601's…

We just got the second half of our shipment of these, and final shipment at Self Edge:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=65

After 9 months of R&D, we are pleased and honored to offer the SEXSC06 Jean; a cutting-edge collaboration style designed by Self Edge and Japan's world-renowned denim brand - Sugar Cane.

Sugar Cane is the pioneer brand that got its name for manufacturing denim and other fabrics crafted from blending some of the world's best cotton and sugar cane fibers, yielding exotic, unparalleled garments that produce absolutely outrageous personality with age and wear like nothing else on the market (and they smell sweet, too, thanks to the generous blend of sugar cane).

The SEXSC06 jeans offer plenty of inseam length on a mid/low-rise, narrow-leg body made with specially crafted 13oz Japanese denim produced from 50% Okinawa cotton and 50% Okinawa sugar cane that is loomed on vintage power-operated shuttle looms in such a way as to duplicate the looser, more-porous, slubby weave associated with hand-powered wooden looms from the 19th century, creating a breathable jean that's perfect for warmer climates.

-13oz Slack Weave Unsanforized Japanese Selvedge Denim

-Hand Loomed Style Denim

-50/50 Cotton / Sugar Cane Fiber Blend

-Reinforced Crotch (Denim Patch)

-Black Anodized Buttons

-Buffalo Leather Tag

-Pin-Check Rear Pocket Lining

-Japanese Sun Stripe Pocket Bags

sexsc06_01_web-721838.jpg

sexsc06_02_web-721906.jpg

sexsc06_03_web-746696.jpg

sexsc06_04_web-746778.jpg

sexsc06_05_web-769900.jpg

sexsc06_06_web-769975.jpg

sexsc06_07_web-700099.jpg

sexsc06_08_web-700380.jpg

sexsc06_09_web-727173.jpg

sexsc06_10_web-727238.jpg

Mine have been soft since the second day on. Good combs have formed and good whiskers as well, but the fabric is not stiff at all. I agree with you that it doesn't feel like denim at all. I am really loving the fit on these as well.

I've got a lot of boots that look out of place with my other jeans, so I haven't really been wearing the boots for the past 6 months or so. That's the main reason I've been on the lookout for a slim straight jean and the fit of these is exactly what I was wanting.