Self Edge x Sugar Cane - SExSC06

Ry'on

Well, here's a tiny bit of contribution to this thread at last. Pretty uneventful post wash photos of my pair. Relatively worn on and off since they came out.

I figure I can attribute the lack of wear to the relatively "sit on your ass" all day lifestyle here in Manila. That and the relative looseness of the fit. Don't get me wrong though, their still an awesome pair of jeans none the less, just size em tight.

How did you size them? Everyone is saying size they should have sized down, but without saying how they were sized initially (TTS, sized down 1,etc.) I'm curious because I have a pair that's TTS that I have yet to wear (or soak).

A wash should definitely shrink them down, but as Kiya said, they will stretch back out again after a couple of wears due to the slack woven denim. I'm just trying to figure out how much stretch we're talking about.

As a reference, I got them in 34 (I'm a 32 in APC & 33 in PBJ xx005)

They're loose in the waistband and I feel like there's a bit too much fabric in the crotch/lap. I like how they fit in the thigh, though. The reason I don't think they'll fade all that well is a combination of the fact that they're a bit of a looser fit, as well as a more flimsy fabric due to the slack weave.

If you went true to size then I don't think you'll have any problems with them, per se, but you might wish they were a tad bit tighter.

My pair was sized TTS, at that moment, which was a 33. Give or take the weight I've lost I think I hover around an inch/inch and a half below that now.

But wearing these, post soak, they do shrink an incredible amount. They fit snug around the waist area. The top block fit that I've been turned off about has been remedied as well, as there's no hip flare in sight.

Spite the initial hip bone crunching feeling, they do stretch a lot. But then again, I'm starting to see through all the fuss that maybe this is how the jeans are ideally suppose to fit.

I'm one of the TTS wearers of these babies, and I like my jeans tight to very tight. I've worn mine daily for about two months now, and the stretching is not all that dramatic. They've been really tight (pics somewhere here above) , and now they are what I'd call comfortably tight. Some microscopic fading, but nothing that would make much of an impression in pics.

am i the only one that has had their pocket rip out on them..

worn fairly often since release. i repaird my crotch two times, and have a nice ballpoint ink stain on them. the wear is pretty soft for some reason, but they've come along nicely.. my stacks have some nice wear ridges on the ends near the inside seams.

post pictures when home from work.

btw what is a good way to get this pen stain out?! its only a day old...

post pics when you get them. my guess is they'll fit perfect. they stretch quite a bit, and all the hype about them being superslim is misleading imo.

yeah I know what you mean, and I'm not really after a very tapered fit.

I think most SE collabs have this misconception of them being "very slim" because of the sidneylo fit pics. He probably wore the smallest size that he can fit in.

Look at the difference between the two fit pics

SE / sidneylo versus denimbar

yeah I know what you mean, and I'm not really after a very tapered fit.

I think most SE collabs have this misconception of them being "very slim" because of the sidneylo fit pics. He probably wore the smallest size that he can fit in.

Look at the difference between the two fit pics

SE / sidneylo versus denimbar

I had no idea Denimbar carried these. I wanted a pair of them for a while and thought only SE and Farinelli's had them and they didn't have my size when I wanted to get them. DB has them and I just ordered some Okinawas 2 days ago. That's pretty beat.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice pix, Solix. Any chance you could take a few more "up close". These jeans are one of those that pictures rarely do them justice. They have such an interesting look & texture in person that almost tempted to buy another pair to squirrel away in the closet because when my current pair get worn through, I'll be seriously stressed looking for another high slub jean like this with such a great fit. These just seem timeless to me...

Yeah, Solix, you've done a great job on yours. I'm still far from such fading, wear mine (faithfully every day) for about 2,5 months now. Try to stay away from a wash for much longer, though.

@glimmertwins: I see what you mean...these are really very special. Not only from the slubby look, but esp. also considering the feel of the denim on the skin. Just great. But I think you'll r e a l l y take long for them to be too worn through to wear, and they will be very cool indeed worn repaired or perhaps better still ripped and unrepaired.

• 2 weeks later...

Heh, stop being so modest. :o

But sure thing, bud! I'll try snapping a couple tomorrow, if not Friday. I find it really hard for pictures to capture all the character of the denim, they're awesomez. You BETTER get some shots of yours up soon too!

But yea, hoping to break these down to white in the next few months (as ifff). I've got a pair of Sams on ice waiting to be worn the start of the new year. But maybe my love for these might just warrant some extra time..

Heh, stop being so modest. :o

But sure thing, bud! I'll try snapping a couple tomorrow, if not Friday. I find it really hard for pictures to capture all the character of the denim, they're awesomez. You BETTER get some shots of yours up soon too!

But yea, hoping to break these down to white in the next few months (as ifff). I've got a pair of Sams on ice waiting to be worn the start of the new year. But maybe my love for these might just warrant some extra time..

Yeah for sure, I will post some pictures once I get my battery charged on my camera.

These are for sure the best pair of jeans I have ever owned and worn hands down.

Just took some photos of the repairs that SESF did on my jeans.

Photo taken by Kiya before my jeans got repaired.

09072009102.jpg

After the repair by SESF

right pocket

3995547557_0212bde1b4.jpg

left pocket

3999338642_5af9a608f3.jpg

back belt loop

3999345818_8348e9b13a.jpg

side belt loop

3999346830_cce999589b.jpg

yoke

3998594069_eed4318af5.jpg

right front pocket

3999349872_b9b42fe553.jpg

left front pocket

3999352708_d47219d8f1.jpg

some detail shots of the rivets ripping through again.

3998578157_8026d41e10.jpg

3999344020_763b505bb1.jpg

Sorry about all the pictures guys

Sorry? Gotta be kidding, man---- I'm sure I'm not the only one admiring the details and envying you for these. Will you break it to us how much a repair job at the very source costs?