Self Edge x Sugar Cane - SExSC06

Ry'on

Those look fantastic for just two months. Do you do anything out of the ordinary in them?

Photography / petanque help with the knees, the wallet make for something interesting...they're very fitting, that always helps...no biking though--not yet, at least

god job

I am, after all, a god

Great job Florian!

The vertical fades on these jeans are lovely...

And nice chap stick and wallet fades, I have a zippo in my coin pocket that's fading rather fast, and same goes with my wallet, the edges are turning white almost, can't wait to see if the denim breaks to reveal the pocket lining :D

How come there isn't a contest for these jeans? That would be fun, I wanted to participate in the DB contest but the jeans came out a bit too late since I was gonna be studying abroad and wanted new jawns before I left...

In any case, can we get some fit pics?

I've been planning on getting some of my pair too but I'll wait till I get back from Italy and do some pre/post pics.

• 2 weeks later...

I gave mine a cold wash last weekend. They shrank a lot, despite my really lengthy hot soak when I first got them. They've stretched back out for the most part but I've been giving them a break due to a rip in the crotch and fear of an impending blow out.

Were they stiff enough to maintain the original creases post soak?/wash? I want to hot soak mine since my mom used it as a shower-exit floor towel, but fear for what minimal fading I do have on mine will cease to exist due shifting.

Were they stiff enough to maintain the original creases post soak?/wash? I want to hot soak mine since my mom used it as a shower-exit floor towel, but fear for what minimal fading I do have on mine will cease to exist due shifting.

If you shrank enough to begin with, stiffness/crease retention shouldn't really be an issue, just soak/wash normally and the creases should reform in exactly the same place, assume shrinkage has been taken care of.

On the other hand, if theres still shrinking to be done, just get it out of the way before theres a major shift in the creases, and fading should continue as normal.

I have had my pair for about two months and they were pretty tight when I first got them(after the cold soak) but they are comfy and have room in the thighs now that I have been wearing them every day. The waist stretched to a pretty reasonable comfort level but not loose now. I love my pair....

ive been working on my pair for about 2 weeks. i warm soaked in my jeans i the bath tub for about an hour. its still really tight around my thighs still. I think i just have big thighs because i play a lot of bball. i just hope my thighs and my crotch blows up. my waist is stretching out. the more i wear my jeans, the more comfortable it becomes. ill try to post some pictures up after a month. these are my first pair of selvedge denim and im loving them. i just dont like the fact that my thighs are very tight

Do NOT size down on these... they shrink like crazy. My size 38 after I did a hot wash and dry is smaller than some size 36 jeans I have. Great jeans though!

...I have a size 38 that shrunk down to a true 38 after a 30 minute cold soak and now are up to a 39.5 or so. Agreed that they are great jeans but maybe it depends on how you approach the soak as to how much they shrink.

Yup, these are 50/50 cotton/sugarcane fiber..

There has never been a slim Oki...

Got mine today, purchase from another sufu member. Question: both the inner label (well hidden in the right bright yellow pocket lining) and the cardboard attachment say: 100% cotton. Should it not be 50% cotton, 50% sugar cane fibre???? Plus the cardboard claims "woven in Japan", the inner label "Made in USA". Meaning woven in Japan, sewn in the U.S.) Or....???? Can you, Kiya, or naturally anybody else, please explain? I'm confused!

Though I've stopped wearing mine because my warehouse's are so much more comfortable, I threw these in the wash today, pictures to follow...where are all the pictures for this thread?? goodness...

Two months, these were taken while they were drying from the first machine wash...sluuuuuuuuub

3568356759_409c919069.jpg

3569174772_f4b0bd585a.jpg

3568372197_be3e885c15.jpg

3568375903_09c83d0806.jpg

3568384219_e3071cd408.jpg

3569192222_c484cfb162_b.jpg

Baeyer-Dawson, I picked up the WHD #700s, high rise cinch back--loooove them!

And after drying overnight:

3570714478_d762bbb65c.jpg

3570718796_0131994985.jpg

crotch:

3569908277_a7f9ee65f3.jpg

3570940162_c13e825335.jpg

3570127355_ccd525397b.jpg

pocket bag:

3570126183_d0cdcf6b6b.jpg