Self Edge x Sugar Cane - SExSC06

Ry'on

These are my SC02s if anyone would like a point of reference

IMG_7581.jpg

The denim on the SC06 is much, much better than mine so it'll only get better as time goes by. Fit is pretty much identical from what I understand.

FOLLOW THE SIZING ADVICE YOU GET I blew out the crotch on mine sizing down because I didn't listen.

hey kiya thanks for the advice, btw 1 more thing do u suggest to hot soak em 1st or wear them str8 out...

Hot soak them before wearing...

I am tempted by these...I want something just a touch tighter than the F380's but not as extreme as the sexfh's I got (just not comfortable in the thigh). With the shrinkage info on these though paired with the fact they are only .4 bigger in the thigh I am thinking they might end up just as tight as the sexfh's anyway?

I am tempted by these...I want something just a touch tighter than the F380's but not as extreme as the sexfh's I got (just not comfortable in the thigh). With the shrinkage info on these though paired with the fact they are only .4 bigger in the thigh I am thinking they might end up just as tight as the sexfh's anyway?

funny...I am lookin for the same fit as f380. maybe if we sized up one or two that might work? BTW, anyone else have worn/faded pairs of okinawa denim that haven't been posted?...would love to see some more

Sugarcanes shrink like madd. I'd size up at LEAST 1 for sure if not 2. Depends how comfy you want them. My waist measures 32 so I had a 32 in the sexsc02s. Cold soaked em and they were some serious thigh huggers. Definitely had to go up to a 33. Personally I think sugarcanes shouldn't be worn skin tight. I think it was Jimmynyc who had the best fit on the sexsc02s. Peep it.

--Markmont.

Unlike the 02's however, these are made of the 50/50 cotton/sugar cane blend. Not to mention, the dimensions on these are a bit looser than the 02's as well.

I'd still stick with Kiya's advice and get a true-to pair.

Oh, and for those still wondering about the fit, I'd say they're almost like a '66 Levi cut or TFH F380.

just bought a pair this saturday, sized up one from my flathead 3001 to a 32 waist. Shrank a great deal, over a full waist size, has stretched quite a bit though. The baggy fit is comfortable but not cohesive with my wardrobe. I am looking to trade my 32 for a 31, I truly am skinnier than I used to be.

just bought a pair this saturday, sized up one from my flathead 3001 to a 32 waist. Shrank a great deal, over a full waist size, has stretched quite a bit though. The baggy fit is comfortable but not cohesive with my wardrobe. I am looking to trade my 32 for a 31, I truly am skinnier than I used to be.

fit pictures please

What did you do to shrink the jeans? The shrinkage amount seems too little.

the main shrinkage was in the waist, seat and inseam. The hem didnt shrink too narrow. I hotsoaked my jeans in nearly boiling water for over a 1/2 hour and even considered throwing them in the dryer. At first they were nearly perfect, but after I put them on they stretched out to be ill-fitting. I think my sizing issue is that My flatheads at size 31 are already a size up one, so at 32 the sexsc06 are two sizes up and a slightly looser cut than the flatheads which results in a baggy look that is unsatisfactory, for me at least.

Ill get pictures this evening comparing the fit of the flatheads compared to the sugarcanes.

the main shrinkage was in the waist, seat and inseam. The hem didnt shrink too narrow. I hotsoaked my jeans in nearly boiling water for over a 1/2 hour and even considered throwing them in the dryer. At first they were nearly perfect, but after I put them on they stretched out to be ill-fitting. I think my sizing issue is that My flatheads at size 31 are already a size up one, so at 32 the sexsc06 are two sizes up and a slightly looser cut than the flatheads which results in a baggy look that is unsatisfactory, for me at least.

Ill get pictures this evening comparing the fit of the flatheads compared to the sugarcanes.

Might be interested in taking those 32s from you... obviously youre in the sf/bay area if you have these already, right? If you are interested in selling them to someone local shoot me a PM with post soak waist, thigh, and leg opening measurements. Looking forward to the FH comparison pics though regardless.

i didn't even know i was sizing down, i've always worn 30s so i just got 30s, i had measured my pants the other day and they measured 31'' stretched out so i just figured that the 30's would work by shrinking to tag size then stretching back out, but now that i measure my waist its almost 32, so anyone who has shrunk theirs yet, how much did it actually shrink? if i can get the 30s on and buttoned, would i be safe with 31s? or just size up to 32s and hot soak the shit out of them?

i didn't even know i was sizing down, i've always worn 30s so i just got 30s, i had measured my pants the other day and they measured 31'' stretched out so i just figured that the 30's would work by shrinking to tag size then stretching back out, but now that i measure my waist its almost 32, so anyone who has shrunk theirs yet, how much did it actually shrink? if i can get the 30s on and buttoned, would i be safe with 31s? or just size up to 32s and hot soak the shit out of them?

it really depends on how you want your jeans to fit. 31 for a tighter fit or 32 for more comfy one. but how i would go is by the true waist size and not the measurement of my previous jeans. might have lost/ put on weight, different jeans different cut different measurements. but then again i could be wrong!

shit, its like how the tags says "UNSANFORIZED FOR CONFUSION ":confused: