Corthay Shoes

djrajio

Based off the recommendation by Petey in my Tailor & Cutter tread. I think if I died and went to shoe heaven, these mother-fuckers would great be at the gates...

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

3.jpg

This last pair is over $8,000!!!!! GOT DAM!?!

1.jpg

The last pair is $8000 because it is a bespoke order and quite complex to make. Usual prices for the Arca model is 850 euros and bespoke is around 3000.

I'm either getting the first pair you posted or the same in aubergine (eggplant). Corthay is like Berluti meaning you can actually go in the shop, choose your model and size and talk to the colourist about what shades and highlights you want exactly; patinas are custom.

Construction is excellent, leathers are some of the best available at Le Puy tanneries and Pierre Corthay used to work at Lobb and then Berluti as chief of Atelier. As far as construction goes they're a cut above Berlutis but why radically dandy-ish shoes like that what is relevant is to get the look you embrace.

Another company you might want to check out is Altan, they offer the same kind of typically French lasts and crazy colours. I'm definitely not an expert on them and haven't handled their shoes myself but they're supposedly pretty good although definitely not to Corthay level.

Some more Corthays:

corthay01ma3.jpg

corthay02dz8.jpg

corthay03sv3.jpg

corthay04sl6.jpg

The selection at BG is quite small though, both in range and sizing. They're also planning to increase the price to counter the falling USD. Still if the shoe fits, go ahead.

Did you get yours at BG? Must be a recent buy because they haven't been carrying them for long.

The selection at BG is quite small though, both in range and sizing. They're also planning to increase the price to counter the falling USD. Still if the shoe fits, go ahead.

Did you get yours at BG? Must be a recent buy because they haven't been carrying them for long.

Yeah, I got mine in January. I didn't pay full price though.

• 10 months later...

Since some wanted pics of the Corthays I posted in the WAYWT.

Two pairs of Corthays model Arca; black with purple piping and lie-de-vin (a sort of burgundy with paler highlights and a hint of blue). As you can see from the second example Corthay can prepare amazing custom patinas that only grow more beautiful with age.

picture021x.jpg

w640.png

picture029e.jpg

w640.png

picture049goc.jpg

w640.png

picture057b.jpg

w640.png