High-Rise and Skinny

Icarus

Pants/ Jeans with a 10"+ rise and 6-7" hem. Do these exist? In black? For men?

Tell me, point me. Where could I get them? Silly filligree like DBSS double pockets or bondage straps not wanted.

Cheap Mondays are 9.5" and unisex. Looking for something higher.

Skyscrapers don't come in black, sadly.

Older versions came in black, but not this season.

I'd also like to redirect from jeans to pants (which is the real intent here), and to try to avoid April '77.

Check this shit out.

On a size 30 the rise is 12.5" and the leg opening is 7.2" and it comes in black.

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=33&products_id=273

You can always take the stitching out the back pockets if you'd like.

Dude, if you wanted these, i'll even take the back pockets off for you.

go to savers, salvation army, etc. get a pair of womens pants or denim, the old kind with the higher waist and peg leg, there should be lots. try them on, they will most likely have stretch and you're a skinny dude, so you can fit small. then just take the leg in from the thigh to the pegged ankle.

levis makes a high waisted denim for girls that is pretty unisex and non fupa in design. its under their E line or whatever, on their website. looks similar to a77 joey overdrives in denim color, my gf has them.

or, if you have a little more money, why not go to a tailor and have them make you some cotton pants to your specs. might as well. its always cheaper when you get a few, so get your cut and multiple colors.

levis makes a high waisted denim for girls that is pretty unisex and non fupa in design. its under their E line or whatever, on their website. looks similar to a77 joey overdrives in denim color, my gf has them.

This is true, but even for men the Big E Sta-Prest line had a very, very high rise and were tapered and tight. The fabric isn't outstanding quality, though. I have two pair, brown and blue. Neither are denim. You could taper the bottoms in more if need be. Every skin owns a pair.

hi Icarus,

i too prefer to wear my skinny jeans with a decent rise, and have found nudie high kai, whilst being nudie, to be a good fit. decent taper as well.

whilst i like the rise on a77, i feel the legs lack taper below the knee. i guess a simple solution would be to bring my 77's to the tailor.. meh.

let me know if you find a jean (with decent rise/good taper) worth writing home about!

• 3 weeks later...

^^ I really don't get the nudie hate that I see around here. Nudie blew up. Big fucking deal. They're still good jeans. I'd like to see somebody legitimately put nudies down.

Anyway, did you ever find what you were looking for, Icarus? I'm actually working on a pair of high-rise, pleated cotton slacks. I'm bringing them to a taper at the swell of the calf and slimming the leg up a bit. Shit should look pretty jazzy when finished.

I purchased a pair of Cheap Monday prest and they are neither slim enough nor quite high enough, but they are ALRIGHT. I am going to get them tapered.

I did come to the realization, though, that when I say I want skinny trousers, I want them to be TIGHT.

So I am still on the lookout!

I purchased a pair of Cheap Monday prest and they are neither slim enough nor quite high enough, but they are ALRIGHT. I am going to get them tapered.

I did come to the realization, though, that when I say I want skinny trousers, I want them to be TIGHT.

I assume you intend to do the tuck?

I did the tuck into Hobokens recently, which have a 9 inch rise I believe. I hiked them up higher than usual. It looked great to me. I tucked into a Lova tank top. Apparently my floppy ol' dingaling was giving me man-toe though. When a girlfriend of mine saw me she immediately untucked my shirt. Fuck if that's going to stop me, though.

I'm skeptical of Brands that are always for sale in the supermarket, but I have to say, this black skinny trousers from B.Son via Blackbird look pretty allright to me.

http://helloblackbird.blogspot.com/search/label/B.Son

Yeah, I need to tuck in shirts. 9" rise should work with most folks, but I need the higher rise because I'm a bit taller than most folks.

Those b-sons might do the trick, but they're out of my size! Somets look cool but the leg opening is really much too large.