Which school for photography?

sooojoooo

I have been accepted as a BFA photography major to School of Visual Arts, School of the Art Institute of Chicago, California College of the Arts and is still waiting to hear from San Francisco Art Institute. Though I'm focused on SVA or SAIC, I'm not sure where to go. Could anybody give me any advice?

they need to explain to their parents why they need $10,000 to move out of home to blow on booze and fast food

To have the luxury of not paying for yr own higher education must be nice.

That said,

why do people goto school for photography?

Why not? Then again, wouldn't it make more sense to just get a degree in art? You'd still be able to take plunty of classes in photography, & you'd be more marketable (although that really shouldn't matter).

why do people goto school for photography? Unless you're going into postprocessing or journalism, I don't see the point.

I think the best reason to go for photography would be just to get the oppurtunity to shoot more, plus equipment. Being able to meet professions to network, other students for late networking etc.

As far as if your going into journalism u really dont' need to go for photography u'll be better off going for something else and just shooting alot and going to workshops like the ones that magnum and VII offer. same with post processing.

If you want to be a fine art photographer a bfa and probably mfa are a must to be taken seriously, which sucks but its true.

why do people goto school for photography? Unless you're going into postprocessing or journalism, I don't see the point.

to not only learn technical (the most insignificant part of photography), but to learn photo-history, theory, people to bounce stuff off of, time, facilities, a community of like-mided people that help hone and shape one's understanding (hopefully) of why they are even interested in art

that being said, I'm sure as fuck glad I'm not in debt for undergrad. unless, I was getting a free ride, or close to it, I wouldn't consider any of those schools - save it for grad.

haha. I'd just go get my masters in art history or something. I just felt like its over flooded. I know 6 people going to school for 'photography' and they're all the

"black and white= ~`*artsy*`~" kind of wastes.

If you want to get a degree in an over crowded field with close to zero chance of getting a job then a graduate degree in art history is probably a good way to one up any BFA.

You too tall for the frame, you gon have to pay for two people. Hundred dolla prease.

this actually happened minus the hundred dorra part. when i got my license, i was too tall for the machine they use to take the picture so i had to sit on a radiator 5 feet away from the camera to appropriately fit into the frame.

lulz.