australia :: brisbane :: general

simcoo

really loving the campos coffee store on wandoo street in the valley.

probably the best coffee i have ever had, plus the food is top notch as well - their fry up, and BLT is amazing. as is their selection of sweets, cakes, etc. check it out.

been waiting for a thread on brisbane forever, but didn't think there was really enough people on here to get one started.

Indooroopilly is not worth your time.

I would suggest going to the stores in Fortitude Valley, specifically some of the ones that are reviewed on SuFu such as Blonde Venus (and the Outpost, these two stores are run by the same fashion power-couple) and some of the others along that stretch.

There are some interesting places in the West End, which isn't far from Brisbane's city. There's an especially interesting bookshop down that way called Avid Reader, I believe.

There are occasionally some vintage gems to be found in the second-hand opportunity shops in the Paddington area.

I'm Doing Law

just started

yr 1

Did Science last yr

oh cool, i am second year law and journalism.

so your doing torts and contract... or, did they change the curriculum? i heard that they might have replaced contract with some new subject.

• 4 months later...

I'm working on a project that'll give me reason to be in Brisbane shortly. I've got a survey for the Australian Superfuture contingent, to figure out what you do with your money. I'm not collecting any personal details; no names, emails, IPs, but if you could spare a few minutes to answer some questions about what you wear, I'll slip you some +rep!

Fashion and Shopping Census

I'm working on a project that'll give me reason to be in Brisbane shortly. I've got a survey for the Australian Superfuture contingent, to figure out what you do with your money. I'm not collecting any personal details; no names, emails, IPs, but if you could spare a few minutes to answer some questions about what you wear, I'll slip you some +rep!

Fashion and Shopping Census

done!

(10 chars)

Not a shop, but hopefully it'll be in shops. Leather goods; jackets, bags, wallets, belts. Shooting our look book this week, so I'll have more to show/tell very soon.

awesome! that's great to hear! look foward to seeing more details.

the shopping really sucks balls in brisbane. i don't think i've bought a single item of clothing here in the last 3 years, except a pair of country road pants from a myer sale maybe.

having said that, uq schonell (sp?) theatre pizza is the motherfucking bomb, and it took me a while to admit that cause i went to qut.

where's a good place to get a haircut in bris and not get raped?