Recommend cool places to drink in Singapore

char1ie

Hi all,

My first post so hello to regular forum users.

I'm off to Singapore for a few days at the end of April. I go there regularly so I thought I'd mention a few places I like and see if anybody can guide me to something cooler.

I'm from London so I'm spoilt for choice here but I tend to like trendy bars off the beaten track in the East End.

In Singapore I love KM8, the beach bar at Sentosa. It has cool people and it's nice to have your feet in the sand. I also like Breeze on the roof of The Scarlet Hotel - it's laid back and classy.

I don't like Cafe Del Mar at Sentosa, it's full of people trying too hard. I also don't like Equinox at the top of the Swisshotel - too cheesy, too many tourists. I try to avoid Boat Quay and the surrounding tat - too obvious.

Any other recommendations of places to have a drink of an evening would be great. I don't need dancing or food, just beer and a cocktail or two.

Thanks all,

Charlie

trendy means expensive. but you r converting from the pound so i guess its ok...

off the top of my head, you can go to the Polo Club, located in the Thomson area near the radio stations, for drinks in the evening. the weather is always fucked up in singapore, and what's better than a refreshing drink to stave off the bakin sun? do it at an open air bar above a polo field! there are usually polo games on weekend evenings(if itdoesnt rain) and the bar is usually not crowded, if not almost empty.. it really hits the sweet spot when the sky looks all radiant orangey shit and the air is musty and you're starting to sweat uncontrollably, AND u happen to have a nice cold drink at hand..

the only minus point is: im not sure if you can enter without a member letting you in... but there is a way in from RDA, because both places are connected: the RDA covered arena is separated from the Polo club stables by a white gate which isnt locked in the daytime, and theyre right next to each other.. even better if you have a kid, you can say you're showing him the ponies.. if the weather isnt even that hot, however, dont bother going...

another area i can think of is Holland Village, but i dont remember too much..

Singapore Thread already exists

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=45504

Try there, you might get a better response

Yeah, I had a look and got a bit confused, it just seemed to be relationship talk, weed talk, some pictures of people having sex and gossip.

No big deal.

And thanks Fashiontard. Drinking at the members only Polo club?

Charlie

actually depends on what u're looking for

Drinks and people watching with Good Dance Music? The Wine Bar at Zouk

Nice Jazz and just chilled out laid back vibes, Harry's or one of the other bars at Dempsey

more Rustic Fee, Occasional local Rock bands and cheap beer? Prince of Wales in Little India.

For the Ultimate Authentic no frills Singapore Drinking Session, Look for the a coffeeshop in one of the suburbs. find 1 screening the EPL live and go there on match day and have a drink.