Your wardrobe staples: what are they?

dkatz

I definitely have certain articles of clothing that are my day-to-day defaults... they usually live scattered on my floor or on my chair for easy donning.

I'm curious what other people's go-to clothing is, even if it's not "fashionable" or whatever... put another way: when you're hungover and have to unfortunately actually leave the house, what does your barely-functioning brain direct you towards putting on?

The following are mine:

img1692wm6.jpg

Banana Republic jacket/sweatshirt my mom gave me years ago and has lasted through some shit.

Converse white chuck taylors - high or low, doesn't matter.

thrift belt + buckle. Probably my favorite piece of clothing I've ever found at a thrift store. For some unknown reason I think this belt is the coooolest.

+ some black t-shirt and whatever jeans I'm on at the moment.

So on an average day I'm most likely to look like this:

img1681im5.jpg

(+ a head)

What are your defaults?

Base control beanie

Black or grey v-neck

Peacoat / nf (caber hybrid) when its raining

Broken in apcs

Broken in brown leather shoes bought in romania (falling apart)

Or beat up chukkas(thrown in the trash today)

jeans, (generally) clean sneakers, black black and more black, gold jewelery, obnoxious earrings and dita von teese eye make up.

speaking of chukkas, i need a pair. so comfy.

jeans (right now, working on a pair of even stevens, they're all I can presently afford as a broke ass student)

nd1.jpg

adidas stan smiths...they're white with the green heel, and beat to all hell...comfortable like nothing else tho.

stan-smith-adidas.jpg

a calvin klein leather belt I picked up at a thrift store, it's great leather, has a medium sized silver buckle and never leaves my jeans.

arc'teryx gamma mx hoody - it's lightweight, made out of goretex, lets very little wind in and is completely waterproof

gamma_mx_hoody.jpg

what wash are these they are nice.

Well they're raw, so not washed.

They are Cassette 1909 jeans. I haven't seen anything about them here, but I found them for pretty cheap and the denim is nice and they are good quality... and they're fading DAMN fast.

Guest Methimphibian
Yeah, they're really good quality, but I wouldn't have wanted to pay much more than I did ($85) for them.

nice you get them off the marketplace?

I think i'm going to cruise to the attic tomorrow see how much their nudies are if not ill just get some apc's in LA.

The most comfortable jeans I've ever owned are my sz. 31 pair of JR Hobokens, unwashed and going on a year. They're definitely a staple, along with probably a loose cowl neck tee and a pair of broken-in black leather desert boots. Comfort is key.