General Pizza Discussion Thread

denimfan45

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

chicago style pizza isn't real pizza because chicago style ginny wops never learned the lindy hop.

just cuz some'a you ginzos call it a pie doesnt mean you hafta betty crocker the bitch up, ya schmucks!

Word, although I am looking for a good Chicago-style pizza around Portland.

i haven't found a really excellent chicago-style pie in portland, but if you're looking for something a little different, try dove vivi at 28th and ne glisan. slices or pies baked to order with a thick, cornmeal crust. not my favorite in town by any means, but a nice break from the ordinary and unlike any other pizza i've had.

i'm typing this with a Carmine's (Sal&Carmine's) slice in my other hand...NY STYLE.

both s&c and john's are inedible when taken off premises, so unless you were typing from the restaurant using wireless internet you are officially disqualified from further comment. whoever said they eat jalapenos on their pizza too, go back to california.

otherwise - chicago style pizza in chicago. new york style pizza in new york. is it really that difficult?

both s&c and john's are inedible when taken off premises, so unless you were typing from the restaurant using wireless internet you are officially disqualified from further comment.

Okay guy. Does the slice become inedible the moment it gets put in the paper bag...or the moment you step out of the spot...or the moment you get home? What if you order two slices while planning on staying IN Carmine's? Do you fold the 2nd slice on top of the first before the flavor dies?

edit: I understand what you mean...but you have to stop trying to "out (NYC) pizza" people like me. This ain't the first time I've slid into Carmine's.

I do fully agree with the jalapenos bit though...take that swag back to the taco truck.

Okay guy. Does the slice become inedible the moment it gets put in the paper bag...or the moment you step out of the spot...or the moment you get home? What if you order two slices while planning on staying IN Carmine's? Do you fold the 2nd slice on top of the first before the flavor dies?

edit: I understand what you mean...but you have to stop trying to "out (NYC) pizza" people like me. This ain't the first time I've slid into Carmine's.

I do fully agree with the jalapenos bit though...take that swag back to the taco truck.

my bad, i thought you were talking about v&t's for some reason. to be honest it's the only upper west side joint worth commenting on. i used to live around the corner from sal & carmine's and it's a good neighborhood spot but not more than that. i apologize if i hurt your feelings in the process.

totally off topic but one of the things i miss most about living around there is the pastrami & swiss at the americana at 101/bway.

just so you know...i wrote that last bit really really really really calmly...with an NYC burger in my other hand, not a Connecticut one. No feelings on the super internet.

But again...I must stress...NYC for the best.