spork.

spork talk.

i have an aluminum spork that came with my Mr. Bento but i am looking for something more durable, perhaps heirloom-quality.

this titanium spork by Snow Peak (at around $9) looks promising, but i could do without the logo:

sporkis5.jpg

any minimalist, long-wearing, and fashionable options out there?

spork talk.

i have an aluminum spork that came with my Mr. Bento but i am looking for something more durable, perhaps heirloom-quality.

this titanium spork by Snow Peak (at around $9) looks promising, but i could do without the logo:

sporkis5.jpg

any minimalist, long-wearing, and fashionable options out there?

Questions like this are exactly why I come to Sufu.

I'm not being a sarcastic ass, either.

i dont know if any of you have seen them but there are a lot of small japanese brands making sick repro sporks with really nice attention to detail, and construction is spot on etc. also heard from my proxy that they look nicer with age, only thing is i dont know about sizing. anyone?

well, i've spec'd everything out, so here's my official info :

sporks were an important part of life for the working american in the 1940s, as they combined utensils and allowed for a small yet productive load in the back pocket.often, when looms were purchased and sent to japan, a small and seemingly insignificant mold was included. in the past, small brands did not have the resources to research and understand this mold.

however, the recent surge of popularity in repro denim has provided these small companies with funds to further explore this mold. turns out, it's a spork.

i've heard most current models are a sterling/titanium blend and have a 40mm lip, a must cop for sure