Denim books

Marcus

I can't believe you posted that link. You just upped your competition by about 100 fold.

• 5 years later...

heads up, I'm selling off my denim library. 11 books on denim as one lot up on ebay with pics. a couple are super rare, most out of print. great way to get your denim library up to speed in one go.

http://www.ebay.com/...e-/170937493696

also up on supermarket :

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php?/topic/142614-11-rare-denim-books/

Books:

- The Blue Jean. Alice Harris

- a visual history of jeans wear: american originals. William Gilchrist & Roberto Manzotti

- Denim: An American Story. David Little

- Jeans of the Old West: A History. Michael Allen Harris

- Denim: An American Legend. Iain Finlayson

- The Denim Bible: Jeans Encyclopedia II. Sportswear International

- The Blue Jean Book: The Story Behind the Seams. Tanya Lloyd Kyi

- Images of America: Levi Strauss & Co. Lynn Downey

- Denim: From Cowboys to Catwalks, A History of the world's most legendary fabric. Graham Marsh & Paul Trynka

- The Complete Textbook on Blue Jeans. Shozo Izuishi (Japanese)

- Denim Design Lab: A tribute to the beauty of vintage denim. Brian Robbins

if anyone'e interested i can post more pics or reviews/comments about specific books on here.

cheers

Edited by the black arm

• 1 year later...

New Horst Friedrichs book about the British denim scene. Here's a link:

http://denimhunters.com/2014/06/photographer-horst-friedrichs-uncovers-british-denim-style-new-book/

Check out the 4th photo in the series on above link and it's none other than UkeNo (looking very serious)!

What did you think Flash? I've looked at it on Amazon a number of times and it seems to be basically a guide to identifying vintage or desirable denim. I assumed it had the usual stuff about Big E, hidden rivets, etc that most on here are familiar with.

New Horst Friedrichs book about the British denim scene. Here's a link:

http://denimhunters.com/2014/06/photographer-horst-friedrichs-uncovers-british-denim-style-new-book/

Check out the 4th photo in the series on above link and it's none other than UkeNo (looking very serious)!

Oh God!...

I can only say that I'm no natural model by any means. I do usually look quite concerned and irritated when having my picture taken so it's fair to say that it's a good likeness.

On a serious note, Danny @ Rivet&Hide offered me the chance to come and meet Horst and talk about denim. He is a very friendly and incredibly knowledgeable chap. Not to mention very talented and an all round good guy. I felt quite lucky that he asked to photograph us - that kind of opportunity doesn't come along often.

Really pleased - surprised even that I made the final cut having seen some other shots in the book.

There's a launch at Rivet & Hide in July (1st?).

Come along people and I promise to try and look less miserable and will guarantee that I'll look less picture-y in real life ;)

Thanks

• 4 months later...

Hello fellas,

Thought I'd wake this thread up from the dead with the mention of Viktor Fredbäcks up-coming book True Fit - A collected history of denim. Basically Viktor have shot pictures of people wearing his vintage garments in their natural habitat. I think it will be a great book.

I talked to Viktor and did a write-up on my blog about it if you wanna know some more.

And here's the webpage for the book project: http://truefitdenim.com/

• 2 years later...

I have a couple of interesting books 

150 years of denim (in French) coffee table book from when I was living in Paris 

indigo-the colour that changed the world

however many times I read them, I always find something new 

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to see it found its way back to you Ryan, it's a great book and thanks for lending it to me last year. Wish I'd bought it when I had a chance, I'm still on the lookout for a copy but I'm not optimistic.

• 3 weeks later...

Just bought an Amazing book on raw denim from Amazon called "Blue Blooded"- even the cover is part denim.

Theres a chapter on SE with a lovely picture of Kiya and his wife, and a 2 page spread on Ruedi, who(as well as the museum) has more unworn jeans that he can get through in his lifetime!

Recognise yourself??!

Get this book-it's awesome, and was only £35..

Edited by Mojique

On 11 March 2017 at 2:30 PM, Mojique said:

I have a couple of interesting books 

150 years of denim (in French) coffee table book from when I was living in Paris 

indigo-the colour that changed the world

however many times I read them, I always find something new 

Just added to my collection!

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...
37 minutes ago, Duke Mantee said:

Well I’d ordered it - who knows what the postage will be like

They have updated the preorder - seems like most EMS destination charges are included - UK is, preordered mine, too.