Denim Coveralls

cloudhands69

Who will be the first on sufu to rock denim coveralls?

I know Cheap Monday did some, and there's a couple in that Lightning magazine (by Flat Head I think). I got an APC catalog in the mail today and there's a pair in there that look good on the model.

What do you think of them? Extreme to be sure, but I like them. I've always hoped to find a vintage garage mechanic's coverall suit at the thrift stores but no luck yet. I tell myself that I'd do it. As the years go by I become less and less worried that people will discover I'm a total dork :o .

Im one step ahead, currently on the look out :) My girlfriend picked up some amazing herringbone denim coveralls with alot of patches, wish I could find something like that aswell.

It takes some gut to wear out in public, but it seems like the perfect piece of clothing otherwise. "What should I wear today? My coveralls ofcourse", simplicity at its best.

Vintage is for sure the way to go, Cheap mondays are shit.

come to think about it, The Duck already rocked some LVC coveralls, tied around the waist though...

Just remembered these

BH019.jpg

from Skull

hell yeah i was going to mention the skull coveralls. i don't know a person alive that would pull them off but they just scream badass.

Of all vintage gear, bib overalls seem to be the best-priced; especially Blue Bell or original Carhartt, even OshKosh, who used to make beautiful herringbone or hickory stripe denim. LVC have also produced beautiful reissues of their own Koveralls.

I think these can only work dirty and fucked-up, al the better if you look old and gnarled. Splattered in paint, oil and dirt (the person, or the overalls). So now is the time I might start experimenting with this look. I'll check out what they've got in Beyond Retro on Cheshire Street this Sunday, maybe it's time to pension off my knackered old Lee workpants.

• 3 weeks later...