comme des garcons for h&m

I think that this could be the first h&m collabo that, for the UK, will have: a) more yellow ppl queing up than white B) more ppl who spend most of their life online c) more homosexuals* than straight females.

*genuine real ones, as well as the hetero who like dressing up as homo.

the lagerfeld stuff totally blew. let's hope this is better. i'm excited about the accessories they talk about down here!

found a quick Q&A (not with anyone from either company)

What can we expect from the men's line?

CDG has always been quite artistic, so I'm guessing we'll see slightly different cuts and possibly some oversized pieces. Lots of volume.

Would you venture a guess as to any specific pieces?

It's an autumn line, so some sort of suit is a likelihood. But it'll be a twisted variant, like with a slightly different shape. I would also expect them to release a wool coat, again with a twist. Rei Kawakubo has always been strong with accessories so that's something I expect H&M to definitely take advantage of.

I believe this will drop in about 5-10 US stores -- the flagship ones, i.e. the ones that carry Mens Black Label.... NYC, DC (iirc), Toronto, San Francisco, and probably a few others.

i don't think DC got the Cavalli stuff. but Chicago (Michigan Ave.) did, i believe. H&M put a special storefinder on their site last time just for the collection so i assume they'll do the same again.

why H&M ?

im guessing that after languishing in relative obscurity for close to forty years in pursuing her strange, twisted vision of cdg syndicalist distribution, kawakubo's impending mortality has her seeking immortality through her line... even if that means securing her tiny empire's financial future by selling out to occidental market economies

next: watanabe x macy's

yeah but the juxtaposition with american traditional low-end consumer base market is next multi level.

to the person who said they were looking forward to getting "CdG cut in H&M fabric" - which is like, what's the point - i hope you weren't too disappointed by the fred perry collaboration or the visvim collaboration

This is prolly why they didnt do a watanabe one... he usually works with really good future fabric, it's like at least 40% of his repertoire.

this is as exciting as finding out about a starbucks & keith haring collaboration mug!!!

you all realize you're not getting a CdG shirt for H&M prices, you're going to get an h&m shirt in a "funky" color scheme. like it'll probably be forest green w/ one red sleeve and one navy sleeve. so you can match it w/ some gap khakis and jack purcells and basically look like an upper middle-class three year old on his way to a play date at JW tumbles. and like all h&m goods it'll fall apart after three washes.

but it'll have rei kawabuko's name on it, that counts for something.

first time i ever rep someone

Chris has got me beat when it comes to reach. I'm only 5' 11" and he's, what, 8 bajillion feet tall? I'd be more than happy to do pick-ups for anyone, as well.

if chris were a streetfighter character, I think he'd be a mix between chun-li and dhalsim.

supercute outfits, long ass limbs and of course the oral flame thrower.

to the person who said they were looking forward to getting "CdG cut in H&M fabric" - which is like, what's the point - i hope you weren't too disappointed by the fred perry collaboration or the visvim collaboration

Let's not bring up the Nike collab.

Ugh, jesus.