Gilt Groupe Sample Sales

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They actually buy remaining stock from the brands themselves and sometimes have things from the current or upcoming seasons.

They don't have every size or lots of every size in stock. It varies but they generally have a fair amount. The few good items of each sale sell out really quickly in normal sizes. It'll be nice to see more brands favored by forum members in the future.

lmazeodong- i bought it too. In medium. Hopefully it fits

He's right, Gilt's been taking the steps to figure out what their customers want. Running a company like that is really hard because each sale is a big risk, a buy that doesnt sell could be tens of thousands of dollars down the drain. Anyway, they've been selling out like crazy recently, I'm just hoping new shit is better. The people I talked to at Gilt say there should be CDG, Raf and Jil soon, but the riskier the brands the riskier it is for the company.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone get any of the helmut lang stuff? There was an item or two i liked but couldn't get to the sale till 5pm and they were gone. I almost bought a rogan jean the other day but i wasn't sure on sizing. There has been a drought of brands sufu would be interested in lately, but hopefully that'll change soon.

holla, I bought and satisfied my need for a leather jacket (hoodie) during helmut lang sale. Just got it yesterday, so soft, so light, so well constructed... and there's mild discoloration!!! I'm dissapointed but want to keep the damn thing as there is no way I'm going to find another piece like it.

08801hm707010listrj4.jpg

W00000t

That's weird. All the stuff i've gotten has been brand new.

Tim hamilton is next week. It's going to be mostly pieces from last sale but with some new ones thrown in there too. I might have to lug my big, crappy laptop to class so i can try and get something when the sale hits.

• 2 weeks later...