Wong Kar Wai @ Opening Ceremony - April 2

shinchrono

wong-kar-wai-opening-ceremony-1.jpg

Via HB:

In a series of photographs relating back to his 2007 film My Blueberry Nights, Chinese director Wong Kar Wai has joined forces with contemporary fashion boutique Opening Ceremony in a capsule of photo print t-shirts, posters and post cards. The release comes in association with the US debut of My Blueberry Nights on April 4th. While the postcards and posters document more extensively the states visited by Wong Kar Wai, the four t-shirts feature photography chosen from California, New York, Tennesse and Nevada. Wong Kar Wai will also be available on April 2nd at Opening Ceremony New York for a special meet and greet.

Opening Ceremony meet with Wong Kar Wai

Wednesday, April 2nd

5:00 pm - 6:30 pm

35 Howard Street

New York, NY

-

Fuck, I knew he was going to the Apple store but this??

If anyone can get me one of those t-shirts I'll make it worth your while!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's true, My Blueberry Nights was not that great. I still enjoyed it though, and would recommend it to anyone (with a warning about the strange fps choices...)

WKW did re-edit the movie for the US release, but I haven't heard any feedback about that yet.

pictures...?

what did the shirts end up looking like even?

one of my friends saw them. she said they are just regular t-shirts with big pictures from the movie on the front. I didn't like the movie so i didn't go and i also don't care for overpriced t-shirts.

$95.00 is about what I expected.

I actually like all of them to some degree, and would probably purchase if someone could get them.

The full color printing on these is impressive.

But, does anyone know for sure if WKW, himself, took these photos?

Also, the shots on Hypebeast looked like men's shirts, by the cut. Could just be a mock-up though.