DIOR 19cm World Tour

totally epic

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I currently go to Shi-Da right now in the Mandarin training center. I've been here for a year and absolutely love it. The clubbing scene gets old pretty quick but I think thats because Taiwan is slow on music so they just play the same shit over and over.

If you over here in the summer time hit my up. We can do a meet up with Prokart as well who was in the Dior Tour.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh dope, so you are attending the same thing that I did, but for a much longer term huh? Hopefully once I get a degree I can return to finish up my mandarin training. Gotta stick to my roots nawmean?

Anyway, I have good news and bad news.

Bad news: I haven't been updating a lot, I am not doing too well in school and they are threatening action, so I've just been studying a lot. Also, my phone(LG) decided to die about a month ago, luckily my friend had a really old iPhone that he gave me and now I can take pictures with it instead of lugging around my dSLR all the time! So I will try to update weekly with a random assortment of photos.

Good news: I just got an internship in Taipei and I will be there from June until July so we can definitely do a meet up. I guess the other good news is that I got a new phone so I can take pictures more easily, haha.

@Akura: Hmmm, I dunno man I think clubbing is pretty fun but I just can't go all the time. Plus, I dunno how old you are but I'm entering that phase of my life where I need to work a lot and have less fun. :( Where do you live in Taipei? At the Shi Da dorms? Let's grab some niu rou mian man, I love that shit.

Also, it doesn't seem like anyone is active on this tour anymore...so I guess if there are no objections I will take them with me to Taipei.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
damn this tour died lol, i just remember how much shit jskidder took for slacking for an extra month or so lol

I mean, I tried to warn everybody. I'm working fulltime here in Taiwan for a while. I can still update, but I am oldschool and I don't like to take pictures unless I'm using my dSLR. Which creates problems since I can't bring it to work so I shoot on weekends. Anyway, today I plan on visiting the 228 Peace Park. Was going to go yesterday but typhoon hit.

I'll try to update more, my apologies.

lololololol I remember that

Me too, I'm glad you guys are cutting me some slack. :/

Panda are you in Taiwan with the deeors? let's do a meet up with Akura

I'm down. Where do you live in Taipei?

so did this guy just get a pair of free diors cuz they're outta style now :( or :) not sure

I mean, I guess sort of? I organized the tour for about a year so I guess that was a bit of work...

Anyway, I'm uploading pictures right now.

Anyway, in regards to the free jeans remark.

I haven't found enough people so that we could have another year long run. More importantly, everytime I ask I barely get a response. I have also tried contacting midnight[the original procurer of the denimz] and he has only responded once. And since then he has sort of more or less disappeared.

So, if anyone has any objections I'd be more than happy to hear them. Otherwise, until Midnight responds I will continue the tour and keep asking for more participants and hopefully eventually we will have enough people to do another round.

I did not mean for it to sound like I am stealing the jeans. I have tried to contact the appropriate people and set up another round of the tour.

Anyway...the pictures are taking a while to load...the downside of using a dSLR. :rolleyes:

This is Zhongxiao Fuxing.

DSC07876.jpg

It's where I hop on the train everyday to get myself to work.

This is the actual metro/train station:

DSC07877.jpg

Pretty crowded huh? This isn't even the rush hour time.

I love being in Taiwan and around my people. But unfortunately my Chinese is okay in terms of speaking and listening but my reading and writing is shit. It feels so strange to walk into restaurants and be able to articulate what I want but only be able to read some of the dishes. It feels so weird to have to speak rather fluently only to at some point have to break the fluidity to ask a question in English. It's a strange feeling; to feel foreign and at home at the same time.

Ah yes, the always required food photos by yours truly.

If you haven't already guessed it by now.

I fucking love eating.

And drinking.

DSC07886.jpg

Been trying to cool down recently though. Gotta stop drinking so much.

Chicken. I forgot the name of it already, haha. But it has some wine in it as well as gogi berries on top and some jelly stuff. Was pretty good, but I'm not a big fan of cold chicken dishes besides smoked chicken.

DSC07887.jpg

Ku gua! I used to hate this shit as a kid. But now I love it. Why? I don't know. It's bitter melon. A lot of people don't like it.

DSC07890.jpg

I love this shit. It's eggs with picked radish(or dikon for those of you who don't know what I mean by radish). I could eat this shit all day. Unfortunately I always forget the name until I'm about to order it and then I remember it.

DSC07892.jpg

Squid is always good. This is fresh squid with peppercorn sauce. Unfortunately, the hu jiao, or pepper was too strong and it really drowned out the flavors of anything else.

DSC07895.jpg

Afterwards we went to Ikari coffee and got some na tie(s). [Lattes]

DSC07900.jpg

• 3 months later...