Whisky love

teome

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah Templeton is great stuff. I unfortunately drank, with the help of not nearly enough people, over a bottles worth on Saturday.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i want to try a bottle of nicer whiskey... im seeing bulleit and basil haydens being talked about a bit, also templeton. leaning towards templeton as its been most recently discussed.

What's your current favorite whiskey? I prefer Basil Hayden and Templeton to Bulleit (though it has a certain appeal).

Really haven't experimented too much honestly. Just the normal stuff at bars is what I've had... grabbed a bottle of forty creek as I didn't want to drop $40 on my first bottle (hopefully will after trying more)

Totally makes sense. Go to Longman and Eagle - they have a pretty nice $3 shot selection. You can try a lot of whiskies, and for cheap.

For trying to figure out what you like, you cant go wrong. Just dont order food! That will set you back...

You will really enjoy templeton. It's great (and distributed by Wirtz, incidentally).

I'm a fan of smokey, peaty whiskies and was given this Ardbeg Supernova as a present. Like it a lot buy there are less expensive whiskies out there that I prefer such as the Talisker 57N. I visited the Talisker distillery whilest on holiday in Scotland last summer and bought a bottle. Went fishing with my dad later that day and smoaked/roasted the fish over a camp fire. Utter bliss.

2iw8tqs.jpg

x0wrp3.jpg

I'm a fan of smokey, peaty whiskies and was given this Ardbeg Supernova as a present. Like it a lot buy there are less expensive whiskies out there that I prefer such as the Talisker 57N. I visited the Talisker distillery whilest on holiday in Scotland last summer and bought a bottle. Went fishing with my dad later that day and smoaked/roasted the fish over a camp fire. Utter bliss. 2iw8tqs.jpgx0wrp3.jpg

Ardbeg Supernova is such a nice dram! Expensive and difficult to get now.

Latest whisky for me:

lagavulin16yo1.jpg

Lagavulin 16 is one of my all time favorite whiskys.

Here's a tip for the noobs out there you can find lagavulin 16 and Oban 14 at Costco on sale for an incredibly cheap price compared to your bevmo or winmo's. On sale it's something like $44 and $55 respectively compared to $60 something and $80 something at bevmo.

I have been drinking as of late Inchumurin 12 and it is such a unique scotch.

Edited by Robroy

• 4 weeks later...

Crazy good prices on pours at Alembic in SF

George T Stagg $16

529083_607719288820_30901258_31955531_419364591_n.jpg

Pappy 20yr $15

547112_607716524360_30901258_31955521_451765960_n.jpg

Pappy 13yr Rye $12

528900_612634249200_30901258_31977311_119062025_n.jpg

My home collection hasn't grown much yet. More diverse in boozes than whiskey focused. Not many high quality sippers, more things for manhattans and old fashioneds.

Off the top of my head, I've got Laphroaig 10, Evan Williams 10yr single barrel, Black Maple hill, rittenhouse 100, bulleit rye, and breaking and entering, a bourbon from st. george spirits, which is about a mile from my house.

Edited by B-Dawg