Whisky love

teome

Which BMH are you drinking? Haven't checked lately but they used to offer bottlings of several different ages, I remember an 8, 11, 16 and 20 year. There was also a blended bourbon that was good for the price.

They also bottle (or used to bottle) some great rye, but it wasn't inexpensive.

Any idea who they are currently buying from?

Go for the BMH over the Michters. BMH is tougher to come by and has so much more depth. It's dollar for dollar the best booze I've ever had and drink like bourbon's that are twice its price. You may have to order it online.

Which BMH are you drinking? Haven't checked lately but they used to offer bottlings of several different ages, I remember an 8, 11, 16 and 20 year. There was also a blended bourbon that was good for the price.

They also bottle (or used to bottle) some great rye, but it wasn't inexpensive.

Any idea who they are currently buying from?

http://www.klwines.com/detail.asp?sku=1026880

The Glenlivet is a fantastic whisky and one of my favourites. The 18 year old Glenlivet is something quite special - you should try it if you can.

what i have so far, nothing special but on a student budget still some good stuff ;)

(also have a bottle of 3 year old havana in the fridge)

6314098987_b9df6ee582_z.jpg

oban in a rob roy is amazing. Anyone here try george t. stagg?

Yep! I have a bottle (about 80% empty now) of it. It was a Christmas present 2009 from my Brother in Law. I only drink it on special occasions. I love Stagg, but it's too rare to drink everyday.

I'm a big fan of Buffalo Trace as a "starter" bourbon - it's good, but pretty cheap, and a real classic (in my opinion) taste.

johnnie red or black i think

I prefer black, but yeah, you can't go to wrong with either.

Yep! I have a bottle (about 80% empty now) of it. It was a Christmas present 2009 from my Brother in Law. I only drink it on special occasions. I love Stagg, but it's too rare to drink everyday.

yeaaa! i had it on halloween (thats sort of like a special occasion) and could not believe it was like 140 proof. That shit is smoooooth.

yeaaa! i had it on halloween (thats sort of like a special occasion) and could not believe it was like 140 proof. That shit is smoooooth.

Yeah, for sure. The smoothness is deadly, because more than one glass seems like a good idea.

• 4 weeks later...

I am looking for a good starter whiskey and or scotch any suggestion?

Irish = Redbreast 12

Bourbon = Basil Hayden/Woodford Reserve/Bulleit

Rye=Sazerac if u can find it...

Scotch = Lowland/Glenkinchie 12, Highland/Oban 14, Islands/Highland Park 12, Speyside/Macallan 12, Islay/Lagavulin 16

• 1 month later...