Made in USA jeans

echostar

This doesn't have to do with the links. Almost all the jeans we wear are made by Japanese companies. Sugar cane has jeans made in the USA but are then shipped to Japan and then sold for over $300. Self Edge has shirts which are made here and then shipped to Japan. Whatever happened to keeping products made in America here for American consumption? I'm sure people won't get where I'm coming from.

This doesn't have to do with the links. Almost all the jeans we wear are made by Japanese companies. Sugar cane has jeans made in the USA but are then shipped to Japan and then sold for over $300. Self Edge has shirts which are made here and then shipped to Japan. Whatever happened to keeping products made in America here for American consumption? I'm sure people won't get where I'm coming from.

i get what you're saying. i would love to wear "made in the usa" clothes, but the availability/limited choices and price doesn't work for me.

i'd have to say im one of those people who don't care much for where its made, but whoever can give me what i want at a price i can roll with.

So I get you're trying to provide a list of jeans made here in the US...but...why? A huge portion of people here on SuFu aren't in the US. And the majority of denim here is dry...

ya, nice one :rolleyes: .

imo the american brands that cater to sufu's liking or the current trand (TR,RR) have jacked up prices either because of the hype or to simulate high foreign (japanese)quality. when in fact its probably decent quality but not 185+ dollar hard-on must have shit.

But it's more exciting, in a post-modern way, that the best quality denim is definitely Japanese, and that America is getting good at making cheap shit like AA. Kind of goes with the dollar devaluation. If it keeps going, America will be the one copying products from Asia.

I don't understand this thread. Are we trying to see what jeans are made in the USA? The majority of America doesn't care where the jeans are made, just if its affordable and durable. Thats why the majority of the jeans are made elsewhere. Production costs for made in the USA goods are just too high for companies to make a large profit.

But RRL was made in the US with US fabric, before they started using the Daikayama stuff.

i don't understand this thread either, but that's a good question about production in the states. rag and bone and US-made LVC aren't the most exhorbitantly priced products in the market [defining this market very loosely as the niche that superfuture is interested in, say, raw indigo jeans with a certain level of attention to quality], and they are made at taylor togs in n.carolina. hank-dyeing in japan by hand is certainly a high-cost labour intensive process; why do we not scrutinise the pricepoints the products are pitched at? for that matter, yamane jeans produced in china command prices at least just below, if not equal or more than their evisu counterparts made in japan. i'm just wondering why there is so much emphasis on unprofitability of states-made denim goods, and more importantly, why there are not more companies that target our particular slice of the market manufacturing out of the USA.

certainly outside of our defined market different standards exist. mass production on the scale of levi's, 7 for all mankind, true religion, etc, have plenty to benefit from by outsourcing production overseas.

very un-academic perspective, forgive me

i've heard time and time again the RRLs are arguably the best made-in-USA denim out there.

As I understand it both RRL and Rag & Bone are made at Cone Mills in Greensboro, NC. Wouldn't it stand to reason that both RRL and Rag & Bone are of almost near identical quality? I mean I really doubht they have different looms (No photographs allowed of them, IIRC) and such, but I could be wrong. (I can't say this for a fact, as I've only seen RRL and not Rag & Bone, so please correct me if I'm wrong someone.)

I think the sale of products made by prisoners is pretty fucked up. I can understand having them manufacture goods necessary to keep a prison going but using them as unpaid labor when the prison industrial complex is one of the most profitable and growing sectors in the US is disgusting.

Guest spazzz
As I understand it both RRL and Rag & Bone are made at Cone Mills in Greensboro, NC. Wouldn't it stand to reason that both RRL and Rag & Bone are of almost near identical quality? I mean I really doubht they have different looms (No photographs allowed of them, IIRC) and such, but I could be wrong. (I can't say this for a fact, as I've only seen RRL and not Rag & Bone, so please correct me if I'm wrong someone.)

engineered garments jeans are also cone. check them out this season, they have some interesting denims, including a very nice broken twill model in indigo and black.

I think the sale of products made by prisoners is pretty fucked up. I can understand having them manufacture goods necessary to keep a prison going but using them as unpaid labor when the prison industrial complex is one of the most profitable and growing sectors in the US is disgusting.

As I understand it no one is forced to do work in prison, it's completely volintary. They are also paid a small amount of money so that when they are released they have some money instead of absolutely nothing, which occurs in many cases.