Philadelphia, PA

jiayi

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

north philly aint that bad ... not as bad as west and southwest .... and it has more character than the north east...

anybody been to omoi by 16th and pine? .. its a cool shop the owner has a hysteric glamour account and lots of cool japanese stuff.. maybe its been mentioned before but i havent logged on in a long time

In terms of food, Alma de Cuba. Lunch is a reasonable $10-15. Philly doesn't have much.. P.S. since I'm in this thread already, does anyone know places for reasonable, mid-price ($10-20) places to go for dinner? I feel like everything is either $30+ or a cheesesteak here hah.

Fishtown: Johnny Brenda's

Northern Liberties: Bar Ferdinand, Standard Tap, North 3rd, Abbaye, Koi (BYOB sushi), North Bowl (never bowled there, but good beers, and good to hang out)

Olde City: Race Street Cafe, Eulogy, Bennelux (sp?, wine/beer/cheese/chocolate tasting)

Center City-ish: Monks, Grace Street, Sidecar Cafe,

South Philly: 1601, South Philly Tap Room.

Fairmount: Belgian Cafe, Bridgets, London Grill

I definitely left some out, but they are all good places to eat/drink without paying $30 for a plate.

pats cheesesteaks dont miss it! jims is good too

I definitely second Pat's (and Jim's) there is also Geno's (Across the street from Pat's) for good cheesesteaks. Those three places are probably the best cheesesteaks in the area, my favorite being Pat's. Geno's feels a little too tourist-y, probably the decour.

Attention:

Sidney Lo is asleep on my couch downstairs.

I'll be selling off the pillow covers he's currently using later today on supermarket.

That is all.

And by the way. We went to Geno's. HAH.

It would be cool to meet Sidney and some of the peoples in Philly, but that is just creepy.

It would be cool to meet Sidney and some of the peoples in Philly, but that is just creepy.

Wrong. You are creepy and often wrong in this thread.

has anyone ever taken bang bus to NY? I heard it only costs a $1, free wi-fi and strippers on it.
I rode this once. There was a babe on there I wanted to poke the shit out of.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't know that complex in particular, but I can tell you a little about the area. It's close to the Amtrak station, a nice bike and walking path, and Trader Joe's. There's a bridge that crosses the Schuylkill River, connecting 30th Street and 22nd Street. A lot of yuppies and Penn grad students live immediately on either side of the bridge. It's kind of at the center of everything, but there is nothing really interesting happening there.

are there any good night clubs to go to? i'm gonna be in philly for the weekend with some friends under 21. any clubs in particular that don't really care about 21+, or any worthy 18+ recommendations? thanks.

no, the barbary, transit, fluid, silk city all have some pretty bitchin partees tho

21+

• 2 months later...

Bump. Going to Philly for a weekend getaway. Anything interesting going on? Also, is this really the best route by car that Google gives me? Seems a bit contrived.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&saddr=Verrazano-Narrows+Bridge,+NY&daddr=400+Arch+St,+Philadelphia,+PA+19106&hl=en&geocode=&mra=ls&sll=40.669635,-74.011261&sspn=0.172908,0.319977&ie=UTF8&z=9

philly sucks balls...i live 10 minutes away from it and i only go there to go eat or something...the girls around the area are not even all that... there are barely any good stores to shop, the malls are mad hood...

philly sucks balls...i live 10 minutes away from it and i only go there to go eat or something...the girls around the area are not even all that... there are barely any good stores to shop, the malls are mad hood...

you, sir, are a retard. where the fuck are you shopping, north philly? check any of the old philly threads in superjetset, the city has a ton of good places to shop, eat, party, whatever...plus philly girls are the SHIT they're basically new york chicks without a snooty tampon up their ass

islandboi- don't know about those specific apartments but if they are in the general east university city area, they are probably nice...as jiomitori said, the area is really nice and close to everything, university city itself has plenty of places to eat and is close to the shops and restaurants in center city, rittenhouse square, all the clubs and bars and whatever. a good location, but not dead center in the middle of everything, which may be a good thing.

faust- that route is too complicated...get on 95 south, head down until you see signs for the Vine Street Expressway (you'll be in philly at this point), get on that and just hop off it onto 10th street. turn right on race or arch and you'll end up in chinatown, which is where i am assuming you're heading...basically, just stick to 95 and you will get to the city without fail.