Philadelphia, PA

jiayi

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bumping this thread in hopes of finding new boutiques/cool places to shop for menswear. or cool places to hang out/buy shit in general

There are some cool places for mesnwear: Art in the Age of Mechanical Reproduction on 3rd has some V-Room items which are very hard to find and a lot of Property Of... and Billykirk (picked up a wallet a few days ago, suuuuuuuch good leather).

Revolve on 2nd has a ton of Surface 2 Air and some Henrik Vibskov. Even Boyds has the same leather bags (I forget the name of the brand, but they were the large, cracked leather ones) as Blackbird Ballard.

The food scene is also picking up, Village Whiskey has the most amazing burger and Morimoto serves the best ramen you can get without travelling to to NYC.

Revolve on 2nd has a ton of Surface 2 Air and some Henrik Vibskov. Even Boyds has the same leather bags (I forget the name of the brand, but they were the large, cracked leather ones) as Blackbird Ballard.

I assume you meant to type "Reward".

you can also check out Sugarcube on 3rd street if you want to look at APCs or workwear shit

The food scene is also picking up, Village Whiskey has the most amazing burger and Morimoto serves the best ramen you can get without travelling to to NYC.

Philly's food scene is da bomb. plenty of BYOBs so you don't have to drop serious coin on drinks, and jose garces pretty much runs this city. his new garces trading company shop is awesome. good wines by the bottle selection, and great deli/cheese section.

^^I agree.

The Co-op is horrendy. The only good rack is the margiela and at full price that shit is gonna just sit there.

I swung by Wayne Edward the other week only to see it closed (was looking to pick up some bargain basement balenciaga.) Can't say that Im surprised though, terrible location on locust and a bit too pricey for philly.

need a boutique in philly similar to blackbird, nomad, albam, bureau

they tried. deep sleep tried. but there is no market for philly when everyone expects to pick shit up on clearance sales. deep sleep didn't have the best stuff, but phil had to make ends meet too. I don't blame anyone who doesn't want to open a store in philly in this recession.

I'm a fan of PYT for a basic, sloppy burger. Village Whiskey is my favorite upscale burger, but Butcher and Singer's is also fantastic if you can find a table at lunch.

I was terribly underwhelmed by Parc's burger.

I tried The 500 a day after opening and the wait was absurd, the burger mediocre, and the fries disgusting. I'm willing to write it off to them having a lot more people than they had expected. Has anyone been there recently and had a good experience?

I'm a fan of PYT for a basic, sloppy burger. Village Whiskey is my favorite upscale burger, but Butcher and Singer's is also fantastic if you can find a table at lunch.

Exactly! I salute your impeccable taste in burgers, sir. Plus the maitre d' at B&S said they're dropping the price back down to $6 for the burger and fries for lunch in summer.

Have yet to try 500 or Bobby's, but then I have yet to see stellar reviews of either. Just because they're new and have good pr agents does not mean they make a good burger - especially considering how high the bar is set with Village Whiskey and PYT.

On the other hand, a Lancaster sirloin burger topped with scrapple, cheese, and a fried egg a la the SHAME burger at Wishing Well has potential...

shame-web-2.5.5.jpg

I was terribly underwhelmed by Parc's burger.

I tried The 500 a day after opening and the wait was absurd, the burger mediocre, and the fries disgusting. I'm willing to write it off to them having a lot more people than they had expected. Has anyone been there recently and had a good experience?

went to 500 early around 1130ish no line .. good burger but too small for my taste .. loved the shakes tho.

for my money id take PYT anytime

^

gonna be in new york tomorrow!

was in philly last weekend, stopped at sugarcube. talked to the guy that looks sort of like wylie dufresne about jawns. he asked me if i biked, and i was like oh yeah that's how i destroyed my old apcs. he then asked me if i rode a fixie. i lol'd on the inside, and told him no, road bike, with gears

• 4 weeks later...
^

gonna be in new york tomorrow!

was in philly last weekend, stopped at sugarcube. talked to the guy that looks sort of like wylie dufresne about jawns. he asked me if i biked, and i was like oh yeah that's how i destroyed my old apcs. he then asked me if i rode a fixie. i lol'd on the inside, and told him no, road bike, with gears

Ha, props for the WD ref, I would also have accepted "David Cross wearing a greasy wig". Just got this in my inbox, mark your calendars:

Sunday July 25th 10am-5pm

At The Punk Rock Flea Marketdome

(461 N 9th Street- Directly Across From Starlight Ballroom - 9th & Spring Garden-ish)

All Ages / $3 To Enter / $45 to $85 For Table Registration (at r5productions.com)

THE PUNK ROCK FLEA MARKET - SUMMER EDITION !

(200+ tables of vendors selling old records, clothes, art, music, food, junk, bicycles, stereo equipment, instruments, automobiles, tools, posters, furniture, computers, skateboards and lots of other stuff ! all proceeds goto making sure that all ages shows remain a reality at the first unitarian church !)

so tragic and strange...

sabinaroseo27donnellfb2.jpg1581825.jpgsabinap.jpg

Young Woman Found Murdered in Northern Liberties

by KYW's Ian Bush

Police are investigating the murder of a young woman early Wednesday morning in Northern Liberties.

Authorities say 21-year-old Sabina O'Donnell went to a bar on 2nd Street Tuesday night, then went back to a friend's house until a little after midnight. She borrowed the friend's bike to ride home.

Homicide captain James Clark says the attack happened when she got to her home in the 1200 block of North 4th Street, near Girard Avenue. (photo)

"When she got to the outside of that location, she was approached by an unknown male who drug her to the rear of the property, took all her clothes off of her, savagely beat her about the head and body, we believe strangled her, and also robbed her and then fled on foot from that location."

Clark says an autopsy is planned for Thursday morning and, at that time, police will be able to determine if she was sexually assaulted.

O'Donnell was found by a neighbor out walking her dog just before 10am.

Anyone with information is urged to call homicide detectives at 215-686-3334.

link: http://www.kyw1060.com/Young-Woman-Found-Murdered-in-Northern-Liberties/7379019